Go Back   Women's Hair Loss Project Forum > Women Helping Women > Open Topic (General)

Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 PM

imadesphousewife is on a distinguished road
Default stress and hair loss

I know this has been discussed before. But how much of an impact do you think stress has had on your hairloss?

I've noticed for a long time now that when I have an especially stressful day, I'll shed like crazy the day after. It happened again this morning. For those of you who don't know, I have a severely autistic daughter. I had a VERY stressful dr's appt with her yesterday. It's a long story and I don't want to get into it, but this morning, I was shedding hair by the HANDFUL.

When I think back about it - she is nine years old. It was around the time her issues became apparent that my hairloss really accelerated. Of course, that could be coincidental, and I'm sure my hairloss is mostly hereditary. Just wondering what others thought.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Cassy is on a distinguished road
Default stress

desphousewife
my daughter is 15 and has has medical problems since birth. I feel for you. I had a derm at the cleveland clinic tell me once that some people are shedders. She said when you get a headache, you shed. When you get a cold, you shed. When you have stress, you shed. The only advice she had was learn to relax!!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Tracy C is on a distinguished road

Hi imadesphousewife,

I'm not sure if stress itself is an actual cause of hair loss but I do believe it is a trigger.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:19 PM

homegirl is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Solution-Resveratrol and Turmeric Curcumin

I do not know what triggered my hair loss; but after six months of various tests showing all was normal, I gave up and purchased a topper for nearly $3,000. I looked great wearing it; and my confidence was boosted. Then September Girl of this forum suggested I try Resveratrol and Tumeric Curcumin. I checked it out on the internet; and after reading various studies and claims of other benefits, I gave it a try. Less thn 30 days later, my hair is showing a marked improvement, and I no longer need to wear the topper. My hl could have been from stress from my mother dying last year; and it could also be from my dad's side of the family who all have thin hair - not sure, but my hair is looking better week by week. Maybe the combinatio of the two Resveratrol and Tumeric Curcumin will help others, as the claims are that it will help those with androgenic alopecia.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Harrison is on a distinguished road

Yes, Stress is really big factor of hair loss.Rgular excercise and yoga is best for mental stress.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Jolina is on a distinguished road

Hello. A friend of mine went through two bouts of hair loss due to extreme stress associated with an undiagnosed strep infection with her 9-year-old daughter. She used the product below and feels she had very good success with it, although it takes a while to get full regrowth, as with anything. It sounds like you don't have PCOS like many of us with hair loss, so I would assume yours is due to stress. This is the info my friend provided. Unfortunately, the product is really expensive. I hope this helps...

Aminexil from Kerastase is the product that made my hair grow more quickly. You need the 6 week program (1 vial per day). Some kits come with only 10 or 12 vials. You need 42 vials. Not cheap but it honestly made my hair grow. It's claim is that it increases density (I assume that means make thicker) but beyond that I don't know what it supposedly does because the packaging came in a different language. Strangely I've never been able to find this product on the main Kerastase website. But you can search the Internet for the best price - just make sure its the full 6 week program and not the maintenance (10 vial one).
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 AM

kaitlinpowell412 is on a distinguished road

Hair loss due to stress can not be permanent..If you control your stress , you hair loss also under the control...Yoga and meditation techniques will help you to control stress...
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM

dormant12 is on a distinguished road
Default Stress and Hairloss

Stress has an extremely bad effect on our hair and can lead to hair loss. It is often said that majority of the hair loss is caused by stress and emotional problems.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:03 AM

Lina is on a distinguished road

If you control your stress , you hair loss also under the control...Yoga and meditation techniques will help you to control stress