Go Back   Women's Hair Loss Project Forum > Women Helping Women > Open Topic (General)

Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 AM

finaleofseem is on a distinguished road
Default Shedding more on one side?

Does anyone else shed MOST of their hair from one side of their head? I shed mostly from my left side. My part isn't really wider on that side, but there's a volume difference when I do a center part (not often).

Anyone else have this issue? Is it possibly indicative of any underlying issue?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 AM

CandiKisses is on a distinguished road

I was just diagnosed with a slightly over active thyroid and high testosterone levels. I started off the same way you're saying my left side of my scalp by where my hair lines starts started to look like it was receding then my hair started thinning now my right side matches my left.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 PM

kawawa is on a distinguished road
Default Yep!

My left side is much worse that my right side. I have this receding hairline on both sides, but it is much worse on the left.

I wear my long side bang to that side, so I look like I have lots of hair, but I don't.

I can only remember my hair really shedding bad once last year, the rest of the time it has just been gradual thinning that doesn't grow back. Frustrating!

I worry about what I will do when the topper doesn't work any longer. I hope it is years away.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM

finaleofseem is on a distinguished road

Kawawa,

I'm sure you could rock the lace wig when the topper doesn't work anymore. But I'm also sure that this will be quite some time for now

I've also seen on the network that there are places that do larger bonded toppers, that essentially fit like a baseball cap and cover part of the back and sides of the head as well.

This could be an option for both of us, maybe?

Thanks, ladies. I really do feel much better knowing there are others of you out there!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 PM

kawawa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by finaleofseem View Post
Kawawa,

I'm sure you could rock the lace wig when the topper doesn't work anymore. But I'm also sure that this will be quite some time for now

I've also seen on the network that there are places that do larger bonded toppers, that essentially fit like a baseball cap and cover part of the back and sides of the head as well.

This could be an option for both of us, maybe?

Thanks, ladies. I really do feel much better knowing there are others of you out there!

I remember those toppers are called "FAllS" , but I didn't know they could be bonded, but I guess as long as the water can get in to keep it clean it would be OK.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 AM

junimol is on a distinguished road

i have the same problem hair loss is more on my left side i dont kmow why i have been having androgenetic alopecia i am 47
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Cassy is on a distinguished road

Finale
I have been fighting hairloss for 30 years and my left side has allways been worse than my right side. And my sides have allways been worse than my top. I noticed that everyone that commented had their LEFT side worse! Whats with that?