Go Back   Women's Hair Loss Project Forum > Women Helping Women > Open Topic (General)

Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM

imadesphousewife is on a distinguished road
Default biotin and latisse

Just wondering for those who have used both.

How long was it before you noticed results, if any, from using biotin? I started taking 5000 mcg about two weeks ago.

Has anyone ever tried Latisse for hair loss? I used it for my eyelashes, and it truly worked wonders. I mean, I barely had any lashes left, and while they don't look amazing or anything, they're still far superior to what I had.

Thoughts? Angie
Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Tracy C is on a distinguished road

Hi imadesphousewife,

I take the same amount of Biotin daily as you. I can't say that I've noticed any improvement that can be attributed exclusively to Biotin though because I also take Spiro, use Rogaine and use the laser comb. I've read that Biotin basically makes your hair grow faster.

I am still using Latisse for my lashes. It would be rather expensive to use it on your scalp. I do know that Allergan is in FDA trials for a different formulation of Latisse that will be intended for scalp hair growth. I don't know how far they are in trials or how much the formula will cost when it does become available. Time will tell. I would think that they would not bother with trying to get FDA approval for scalp hair loss if it was known not to work for scalp hair loss.

Take care,

Tracy
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM

Cassy is on a distinguished road
Default lattisse

Dr. Haber told me that the Latisse type drug for hairloss is about 5 years from being available to the public. I dont think that is soon enough for me but hopefully my daughter. I also take 5000 biotin. I think it helps.