Go Back   Women's Hair Loss Project Forum > Women Helping Women > Open Topic (General)

Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 AM

newmom09 is on a distinguished road
Default Transitions Hair Replacement

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or had any experience with Transitions Hair Replacement. I found it through an internet search and they seem to have many options. I made a consultation appointment with them for next week and wanted to see if anyone could tell me anything about them. Thanks for any info!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:54 AM

kawawa is on a distinguished road
Default ?????

I have heard of it, however I am not sure of what the process is. I say go to the appointment and don't under any circumstances pay them a penny until you go home and think about it. I don't care if they offer it to you free, don't do anything on the day of your appointment.

We are so desperate for a solution that we will try anything and pay almost anything.

I went to a hair tranplant doctor here in Houston and he was the most honest person I have ever met. He said he could do it but that it would not work because I had diffused thinning all over. He sent me to a supplemental hair salon and I love my bonded topper.

Before the doctor I went to a lady who did hair extentions and she was a doll as well. She did not think my hair could handle the stress. There are some good people out there, but please be very critical.

Come back and let us know how it goes, the price, how often you have to go in. Is it strands or thin skinned topper?

Take Care

Kicking Ass With A Wig Attached

Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM

Thank you for the advice. I am worried that they are going to try to really pressure me to do something, but my husband is going with me and he is not pressured easily!

I am excited but worried that it is going to be way to expensive to even consider.

I will let you know how it goes!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 AM

samreen is on a distinguished road

Newmom, I'm also looking into transitions. How was your experience? Did you look into the reallusions hair system? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 AM

Default Experience with Transitions

My experience was really good. I went to the Transitions salon in Memphis. The lady was wonderful. She answered all of my questions and did not pressure me at all. Based on your hairloss they determine whether you need a topper, 3/4 piece, or a full wig. She suggested a topper for me because she didn't feel that I needed a wig. My biggest problem was cost. The topper started at $1800. She said it could last for up to 2 years, but I just couldn't afford that. It is human hair and seemed to be very good quality.

I ended up ordering a wig from a member on the network. Her user name is katkat. She is very helpful and knowledgable about all types of hair pieces. The wig is human hair and is beautiful. I just haven't worked up the nerve to start wearing it yet.

Good luck in your search. It can be frustrating, but don't give up and you will find the right solution for you. Let me know if you have any more questions.