A million dollars or my old hair...

Discussion in 'Rants and Venting' started by PaulaJeanne, Aug 15, 2013.

1. PaulaJeanne

PaulaJeanne New Member

It just occurred to me, as I lie here contemplating the wreck that is my hair, that I would trade just about anything to have a full head again. I had epilepsy for a long time, now gone. If go back on meds for it if I could make my hair grow. Given the choice if a boatload of money or my old hair, I think I'd take the latter. I've been dealing with this for a couple of years, and am going through a rough stage - possibly a minoxidil dread shed. At least I hope that's what it is. I'm just sick to death of this, and can't seem to think of much else.

Sorry to be such a downer - hoping that there's some bright spots in the future.

Paula
  2. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue New Member

Hello,

I would rather have my old hair back then a million dollars any day !!!!! I never thought I would say that, but it's true. I would give up ANYTHING just not to have to be depressed and suicidal every day of my life over losing my hair. You can't put a price on happiness. I've found that out the hard way :-(
  3. PaulaJeanne

PaulaJeanne New Member

I'm so sorry you're feeling it too - it's such a painful loss, isn't it? And the anxiety it causes is exhausting... I wonder if there will ever be a day when my hair isn't the first and last thing I think about. It's a hard, hard lesson to learn.

Hoping you can find even a tiny bit of happiness today.
  4. Metalmom

Metalmom Member

i have a disorder that before was correctly diagnosed made my life a hell. I wouldn't trade hair to still suffer with that ever.

But a million bucks or hair? Hair any day. I'll work til I drop if I had to.