affordable wig and topper options?

Discussion in 'Wigs and Toppers' started by quinn, Jul 30, 2013.

1. quinn

quinn New Member

I already live paycheck to paycheck essentially, working for a personal chef.. And I know eventually I'm going to need a wig or topper. The question is - what do I do if I can't afford it? A lot of the more natural looking wigs almost made me puke when I saw the price tags. And from what I read on here, I don't see a bonded topper in my future. Any advice for getting by without spending hundreds on a way to conceal my balding head..?
  2. Cassy

Cassy Member

quin
    a women on the network [see link above] uses a Chinese vendor for her topper. Its alot less expensive. or check out hairdirect.com
  3. porshiana

porshiana Member

freetress

I wear freetress synthetic lace front wigs. Under $40 and I'm very Happy with them. Check out my albums.
  4. queenofthemacabre

queenofthemacabre New Member

I can't see the link? xx
  5. suzieQ2

suzieQ2 New Member

I completely 100% agree with Poshiana that Freetress is a great and inexpensive brand. Start out with a good synthetic wig and don't spend a lot because I learned from experience that you don't need to spend a lot to get an amazingly realistic wig. Here is a link to one that I recently purchased and LOVE!

http://www.blackhairspray.com/freetress-equal-synthetic-wig-gala.html

I have spent thousands on bonded toppers and will tell you honestly that these wigs look every bit as good for a small fraction of the price. You can always go the bonded topper route down the road when you have more money to spend because it is a long term investment. Good luck.
  6. Julia David

Julia David Member

The Enhance top hair topper
    -Made with 100% remy human hair
    -Clips easily into fine thinning hair
    -Stays securely in place
    -It's very lightweight
    -Can be cut, curled, and styled like your own hair
    -Has a mono-filament base that looks like hair growing from your scalp!
    (I know that's hard to believe but it really does...)
  7. Little_Lily

Little_Lily New Member

Hi Quin,

I am in the same boat. Did you end up finding a reasonably priced solution?

Julia - do you have a link for the Enhance topper. Can this be glued/taped as well as clipped?

Thanks
  8. Infinity

Infinity Member

I need to buy a topper for curly hair with the clips. I don't want a permanent situation. All the toppers I see with clips are hundreds of dollars. Where can I find something curly? My hair is dark but not jet black, and I can't find anything other than jet black. Synthetic is fine....I will only wear it on weekends/when I go out.