Aggravated, Sad, & Angry

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by Shelbyjean1213, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Shelbyjean1213

Shelbyjean1213 New Member

:confused::mad: I'm new to all of this so pardon my lack of knowledge. I'm 53, post-menopausal, and have been losing my hair off and on for 30 years. This is the worst it has ever been though. I finally got a great hair stylist, and she has deep-conditioned my hair (3X) in preparation for a permanent. Had the perm last Wed. It looks good. I have VERY little hair, thinning across the top and down both sides. Angie also hooked me up with NIOXIN. I use it faithfully. I was wondering if I could use Rogaine with it at the same time? I used Rogaine 5% when it 1st came out. I've also taken Propecia and Spironolactone. I was seriously working part-time & saving my money with the intentions of going to Bosley for a hair transplant. My husband begged me not to go, and showed me internet pics and articles that were pretty bad. So, that options out. I've been married for 25 years, and my wonderful husband says it's not a big deal. My hair was thin when I married him. They say love is blind. I'm open to any advice or help or assistance. Thanks so much!:eek:
  2. kawawa

kawawa New Member

Please don't go for a hair transplant. It is bad news for women. I have been a hair loss sister for years and i have never seen a good outcome when the crown is involved. I actually went to a transplant doctor a real one not Bosley. He is the one who told me that women are not great canidates because the DNA in our donor hair is not strong and will fall out too. He sent me to the shop that does the topper. He saved me from a big mistake.

Think about getting a topper. Look at my photos and you will see how lovely they can be. Mine is bonded and for the price of one transplant I will have great hair for a decade.......I plan to wear it the rest of my life.

Welcome to the forum
  3. tobigirl

tobigirl New Member

Kawawa, your hair is beautiful. I am very interested in getting a topper, but don't really know anything about them. When you say it is a bonded topper, does that mean you can remove it?? How is it bonded? I am 55 and have had thinning hair for 30 years and lately it has gotten worse. I would appreciate all the information you can give me on toppers.