Antidepressants and Telogen Effluvium

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by Sad b/c of hair loss, May 9, 2010.

1. lisas

lisas New Member

Bhringraj

Kathy, thank you for the info!!!! :) I'm curious, are you taking oral Bhringraj and if so what dose? Or are you using the oil? I'm willing to try anything because I truly believe that my hair loss is drug related compounded by androgens.

thank you!!!
  2. I only tried melatonin once. I did help me sleep and I did feel rested the next day, except when I stood up in the morning I almost passed out. This happened again later in the day. So I never tried the melatonin again. My Dr said its somewhat sketchy to take that stuff b/c its OTC you dont really know how much actual melatonin is in it - could be a lot - could be not much ...

I am so outraged that these psychiatrists who prescribe these medicines FAIL to mention hair loss as a side effect. It is unbelievable they can get away with this.

I find that sometimes taking a warm bath in the evening can help make me sleepy later on. I definitely have my nights where nothing works and I'm just up the whole night. Sometimes those nights I'll take an ambien even though I feel crappy and always the cry the day after having taken an ambien.
  3. KathyTheGreat

KathyTheGreat New Member

I'm taking the pills, they are 500mg each and the company is called GoodCare. I was getting them from my ayurvedic doctor but you can also get them at indiaabundance.com. I also purchased the oil, which smells pretty nice. I have another oil from India which is super stinky, so I put that one away. The oil is suppose to be good for massaging on your hair at night so you can sleep better. A lot of ayurvedic is around massaging the body with oils, especially the feet.