Any salons in Long Island ny that can help?

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Friendly Stylists' started by Rusty1982, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Rusty1982

Rusty1982 New Member

i am so desperate to find any professional here that understands my issue...hereditary hair loss that is getting worse all the time.. Major anxiety.. Don't want my husband to touch me.. I use toppik which is ok but my hair loss and the texture of my hair is getting very bad. Been to top salons and they don't fully get it. Any recommendations? I'm 32
  2. TracyJ

TracyJ New Member

Hi Rusty, I would love to help you I am in Nyack New York...if you don't mind the drive depending on where you are in Long Island it should take you no more than an hour 15mins.
  3. Rusty1982

Rusty1982 New Member

I will drive for someone who gets it. What could you do to help me?
  4. TracyJ

TracyJ New Member

I definitely get it...I would have to see your hair before I make any promises. If you are willing to make the drive I can promise you that I will do my best:)
  5. Rusty1982

Rusty1982 New Member

With a hair cut or wigs? How do you have experience in this?
  6. TracyJ

TracyJ New Member

I have plenty experience in haircutting...have you tried a wig before or have you ever taking any type of supplements to help grow your hair. I would like to know what steps you have taking besides toppik. Have you ever tried protein treatments?
  7. Rusty1982

Rusty1982 New Member

I did wear a hair piece and I have had a hair transplant which I feel made my hair worse.. Never saw re growth. I take supplements. I didn't like wearing a hair piece cause I was always so paranoid someone would notice and some did. I have not tried protein treatments.
  8. TracyJ

TracyJ New Member

Hello..I do think the supplements are good as long as you are taking the one with the correct ingredients to grow new hair...protein treatments will work to strengthen the hair you hair plus your new hair...like i said before I will do the best I can but I wold definitely have to see and feel your hair to help you.
  9. Lmm

Lmm New Member

What kind if protein or supplements are recommended ?