Anyone had success with the Hairmax laser?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Cappy Hamper, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Cappy Hamper

Cappy Hamper New Member

Hi everyone! I'm all new here, but sadly a veteran in hair loss. It all started as a 24 year old, quitting 5 years of bcp, almost 20 years ago. And, my hair was never thick to begin with.

Since then, my hair has been falling out massively off and on, but somehow always seemed to grow back, but never as thick as it was prior to quitting the bcp. After pregnancies it fell out in aweful amounts.

This spring my hair started to fall out again, after a long "good" hair period, where I even grew it out longer than I have had since I was a 12 year old girl. I kind of figure it's TE, but I never really know what triggers it, other than after giving birth, or quitting bcp. I have no idea what triggered my latest bout. It got really, REALLY bad, I now have to cover up my part that goes way down in the back of my head, looking like a bald spot, with toppik. I can't go out without it.

Clumps fell out in the shower, when I combed it, just touching it. It was gut wrenching, I mourned every little strand. And, it drives me to a deep depression, I haven't been out doing anything since early June, I just can't. I just want to sit at home on my couch.

A little more than a month ago I read about the hairmax laser comb and I ordered one, even paid for overnight delivery ( desperate) and now I have used it for a full 4 weeks. And I see tons of new growth, little sprouts standing straight up on my head! I do feel hopeful and happy!

At the same time I started with the hairmax, I also started using Castor oil mixed with olive oil, heated up and massaged onto scalp and wrapped up with a towel for 1 hour, 3 times a week. I also bought Nioxin schampoo system 3, that I use 3-4 times a week. So, I'm really not sure if it's a combination of all three of these things I started to pamper my scalp and hair with, or if it's just one. But, I will never stop using any of them for as long as I live, I just don't dare to.

I also bought JR Ligettes schampoo bar for damaged hair ( smells just so good) and I use it on the days I don't use the Nioxin. My hair feels wonderful from it.

Previously I always combed my hair, even ever so gently, after shower when still wet ( clumps of hairs lost every time) but now I stopped doing that as well and only comb it through when dry.

I still have scalp showing, but I desperately hope the regrowht will cover it up eventually. It's just crazy how much my hair means to me! I know some people find happiness again with wigs, but I just know that will never ever do it for me. I'm so envious of women with thick, thick long beautiful hair.

Anyhow, has any of you ladies on here tried the Hairmax? Did you have regrowht? Enough regrowht to make you happy? Please, share your experience.

Thank you!
  2. Cappy Hamper

Cappy Hamper New Member

Forgot to mention that ever since I started with the laser, the Castor oil and the Nioxin, my hair has stopped falling out. Now I lose just very minimal amounts, and just that is so relieving in itself. I think the very worst is that massive hair loss, the huge clumps of hairs everywhere, the feeling of strands of hairs on my arms and back.
  3. dawna31

dawna31 New Member

Hi there. Just curious on how this has all worked out for you? Ugh. I feel your pain. Its hard for me to leave the house too.
  4. Liv78

Liv78 New Member

Hi Cappy Hamper,

I was just wondering how you have gone with the laser now? WOuld love to know if it worked for you or not.

Thanks

Liv