Anyone in North Alabama or Birmingham??

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Phillygrl, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Phillygrl

Phillygrl New Member

Looking for anyone in the North Alabama/Huntsville (or even birmingham )area that can give advice on where to go for wigs and toppers. It seems I am the only one in my age group(40s) with this problem and I feel alone and ugly and never leave the house unless I have to. The wig stores I have found here so far are more for costumes or older women. Desperate for help ! :confused:Thanks so much!
  2. KarlaD

KarlaD New Member

Toppers Online

Hi,
    I'm from the East Coast and haven't been able to find any decent wigs in my area either. I found a place to get toppers and wigs online though. It's www.GodivasSecretWigs.com . They are in California but they mail them anywhere.
    You can check them out on Youtube. I just got a topper this week from them, (it only took 7 days to get it) and it's pretty realistic looking although I have to exchange it for a different color. They were very nice on the phone and had no problem with me exchanging it.

You are not alone! Since I started losing my hair, I have noticed sooooo many women with hair loss issues other than from chemo. Makes you wonder why?

Hope they can help you!
    K
  3. Phillygrl

Phillygrl New Member

Thanks so much for your reply ! Ive read this forum for years before I finally got the courage to write.
    I have looked at godivas wigs as you suggested but Im so nervous about ordering hair the first time I get a wig or topper. Im hoping to find somewhere the ladies on here recommend so I can try them on in person before going the internet route.
    I live part of the year in the southeast and the other in Philly so I asked in threads for both areas. Nothing yet. Isnt it sad that theres no great places for women like us to turn in every city?? We cant all live in New York or California :rolleyes:
    Stayed inside again today, missing my childrens lives, so the search continues.
    Thanks so much and God Bless the woman who made this website !
  4. Phillygrl

Phillygrl New Member

Birmingham,al ?

Has anyone out there in the Birmingham area tried Anitas wigs or Hair Options ? Would feel better having good or bad reviews before I try them. Thanks:>