Avoiding intimacy

Discussion in 'Rants and Venting' started by Mermaid, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid New Member

I have read many many posts about wearing toppers and wigs and how to look good when going out. What happens in the bedroom though?

My rant? When I got married by hair was down my back. That is how I looked when my hubby met me. Now that I have so little hair that only a wig can cover it up I find myself avoiding him in the bedroom. Why? Well, for one thing the wigs move and I feel lie a must look like a complete freak, not to mention that sometimes it hurts when the wrong hair/clip is pushed in the wrong direction. I don't let my hubby touch my head and the whole thing turns and feels weird.

On the other hand if I choose to go "commando" then my biggest concern is that my hubby must find me a whole lot less attractive and is probably concentrating really hard on looking nonchalant about it but secretly finds me grotesque (I know he is concerned because he keeps asking me if my hair is growing already). So, again, I don't let him anywhere near my head.

This is the only time in my life when I've wished I wasn't married. I can't face my partner anymore without feeling deep embarrassment.