Been lurking for a while..Ready to tell my story!

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by chuyita32, Sep 1, 2009.

1. chuyita32

chuyita32 New Member

I have finally found the courage to tell my story here. I have been lurking for a while, at first it made me really nervous to read the stories and see that there is really no cure for hairloss. It was really hard also to come to terms that I am losing my hair and something's going on.
    I have been losing my hair rapidly since about 2 months after the birth of my 3rd daughter in July of last year. My hair has always been fine and really curly but I was fine with it. After each of my pregnancies I went trough a period of heavy shedding but it eventually got better and my hair grew back. This time I went through my shedding period, some hair grew back but then I continued to lose hair. I've probably lost about 30% of my hair so far. As I mentioned before my hair was thin to begin with so it was really nerve racking to lose hair! I started noticing thinning up top and I told my husband and my friends and they all think I'm nuts. It's gotten to the point that I have to work my hair to cover the areas of thinning. To the human eye my hair looks "normal" but it's because I know how to hide it. My hair also changed in texture it used to be curly and then it got kinda straight, I flat iron my hair so I'm not exactly sure if it's because of the flat iron but it got weird. It is pretty healthy looking for the most part.

I've been on biotin, nioxin, ovation hair products and nu-hair tablets from walgreens. I can see some new little hairs now and still shedding but I guess in a "normal" rate.

I talked to my pcp about it and he did some blood work to check my thyroid and said everything came back normal, which is really frustrating. NO ONE in my family has this problem, not my mom, my dad or my siblings! I just don't understand why this is going on! Now I went to my OB-GYN she's having all my hormones checked including my testosternone (still waiting on results). I also have an appointment with a dermatologyst to see what they say.

I used to cry about this every day. Why me at 32 years old?... I've decided I won't anymore...Stress only makes it worse! (which I need to point out that I suffer from severe stress all the time!) They have a lot of cool hair pieces and integrated hair wigs that are awesome, and if that's what I have to do I WILL!!!! I don't want to live the rest of my life miserable! I could be going to worse things! I need to enjoy my children and my life! We can get through this!

I will though get to the bottom of this no matter what! I will go wherever I need to go to find out what and why this is going on. I have found so much support in just reading this forum! You guys are brave and beautiful women and I'm finally happy to post!

Thank you!
  2. Lucy4

Lucy4 New Member

That's the spirit! I feel the same way. I think that no matter what treatments may or may not be the answer, just getting an answer to the cause can be really helpful and uplifting.

I'm glad you decided to join in and post. Welcome.

~Lucy
  3. kawawa

kawawa New Member

My hair loss started when I was 30 and tortured me for years with balding and some re-growth, but I finally lost my battle and got supplemental hair in the form form of a bonded topper. I am happy that you quit crying over this and you are taking control. Let me know if there is any thing I can help you.
  4. chuyita32

chuyita32 New Member

Thank you so much for your responses! You are great and brave women!! Kawawa, I love your topper...It looks completely real!!! I could never tell! If I get to an uncomfortable point I will definitely be getting me one of those!:)