Best cosmetic solution - help me, please!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Solutions' started by Mellonin, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Mellonin

Mellonin New Member

Hello girls...

I really need your help.

I took these pics last night to follow up on my 'regrowth' ( which appears to be inexistant). I honestly thought things were better up there, and need you girls to help me!

Based on your experience, what would help conceal my scalp/bald patches? Dermmatch, Toppik, a topper, a full wig? Anything else?
    I live in Brazil so ordering Dermmatch and Toppik is possible however they'll probably take forever to arrive. This is why I'm asking for your help before I spend a ton of money on shipping and on the products just to test them and see if they hide my ugly white scalp :(

Thank you!!
    (the pics are here: http://community.womenshairlossproject.com/Mellonin/albums/)
  2. kathie47

kathie47 New Member

Your album images wouldn't load for me, so I'm not sure how large your patches are.

I have a large patch and a few smaller patches. So I use a topper that my hair stylist trimmed to cover up the larger patch and use Toppik to help blend the topper in as well as cover up the smaller patches. I've found this combination to work really well for me. I'm not sure I'd recommend Toppik alone for larger patches.

Hope that helps!
  3. Mellonin

Mellonin New Member

Thanks, Kathie! Most people have recommended a topper + toppik...
    I'm really considering that!
  4. kathie47

kathie47 New Member

Glad to help. Good to know others have been saying the same!
  5. nenacalba

nenacalba New Member

Using hair fibers

I am new to the Forum but have been reading it off and on. I went thru menopause suddenly as a result of an accident. I didn't have any symptoms until 5-6 years later when I started having hot flashes and severe hairloss. Both seemed to come and go. I found out about applying these hair fibers - many brands - and they do conceal hairloss beautifully! Few people know I use them. However, during my severe bouts of hairloss, and after an unsuccessful attempt at minoxidil, I discovered safe, herbal and natural hair stimulating sprays that when applied daily after washing your hair minimized my hairloss. (I've tried two brands. I understand that I cannot advertise brands) I've only had a small amount of success in regrowth but I can say they definitely stopped the huge amounts I was loosing regularly. I've introduced hair fibers and stimulating herbal hair sprays to friends suffering from hairloss and these have definitely brought up their self-esteem! I found that some hair fiber brands can irritate the scalp, mainly if they have red dye in them. If you aren't going anywhere that day, take a break and let your scalp breathe. The key is to keep your scalp healthy, internally and externally. I take a daily hair vitamin and use the hair stimulating herbal spray daily. Now I'm waiting for more regrowth. I do miss all of my hair, but after many discouraging years, I'm optimistic that most of it will return if I feed my hair the best, stay away from stress, and stay positive!
  6. NYCGirlie

NYCGirlie New Member

Can you email me the herbal spray name and details? You can send private message email.Hope you still check this site
  7. nenacalba

nenacalba New Member

Hair fibers

Hi NYCGirlie, I don't know how to private msg on this site. Please google hair fibers and also herbal hair follicle stimulators. Folica.com offers some. This is the only way I am not advertising brand names. I hope that helps. Good Luck with them - I use these faithfully. Also, hair vitamins to make sure you are feeding hair internally as well.
  8. Reha

Reha Member

9. Julia David

Julia David Member

One of the natural and best working home remedy to take care of baldness and hair loss on your scalp is to use coconut milk on your scalp regularly.
    • Apply a mixture of about 20 ml of coconut oil, 10 ml of Amla oil and one or two teaspoons of lemon juice on your scalp and leave it there for some time.
    • You can wash it off after 20 minutes. This will help in effectively healing your scalp as well as fight dandruff and thereby arrests hair fall.
    • Regular use of coconut milk on your scalp will provide the necessary natural nourishment for your hair and will also help in nourishing your hair tissues.
  10. nenacalba

nenacalba New Member

Dear Julia David, I've used coconut oil but you are saying coconut milk mixed with amla oil or lemon juice. Never heard of amla oil. I will investigate that. Do you suffer from hairloss or bald spots? I do and meanwhile, I am using Dermmatch to cover up - works better than any hair fibers - no irritation on scalp (I've tried so many and they all irritate). I've also started using a Lift Wand with Argan oil to stimulate blood flow to the scalp. A Lift Wand, (sold on Amazon) is a high frequency system for face toning and it also has an attachment for the scalp. I believe it helps stimulate blood flow. I'm seeing healthier hair but minor, but some hair regrowth. Still working on regrowth though, but I believe it will take time. Will try coconut milk also. Thank you.