broken vacuum

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by Constantlydevastated, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I, similarly to many of you, am constantly losing hair and it is all over my carpet (my entire apartment has carpet). I am going through an aggressive shedding period right now so it is even worse, and my vacuum cleaner recently broke--probably because I was unsuccessful at untangling all the hair that is caught in it. Besides moving to a place without carpet, does anyone have any advice about how to clean hair off carpet, or good vacuum cleaners that aren't easily clogged with hair? :confused:
  2. VictoriaG

VictoriaG New Member

I have an Oreck vacuum and I clean the roller every time I use it, it's been very good and handling the extra hair. You can try a swiffer duster, they have a broom-handled item and I attach the swiffer dusters (the generics work just as well). I run that over the top of the carpet and it picks up a lot of hair. I also live in a fully carpeted apartment.
  3. lazy

lazy New Member

I have found with my hair or pets hair the best way I have found to remove it from fabric and carpets is to get a damp towel or cloth and roll it over an area at a time and the hair forms a matt which is easily lifted.
  4. thanks, i have heard that for pet hair, which is also a problem, i'll give it a try.
  5. My mom told me Oreck is a good vacuum. Will look into it. I have a swiffer duster and never thought of using it like that.