DFW, anyone?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Texas82, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Texas82

Texas82 New Member

Hi. My name is Andrea, and I'm from the North Dallas area. It would be so nice to meet other women who are also suffering from thinning hair... this is definitely the loneliest problem I can imagine.
  2. RunningMo

RunningMo New Member

Plano

Hi Andrea. My name is Monique and I live in Plano. I recently started experiencing thinning hair at the beginning of October. You are VERY right when you say it is a lonely experience. I have a very supportive boyfriend but I don't think he really realizes the emotional effect this experience has had on me. To meet a fellow warrior in this battle would be great :)
  3. Texas82

Texas82 New Member

Re: DFW Anyone?

Hi Monique! I was beginning to think I was the only person in DFW with this issue. :) My husband is also very supportive, but you're right, it's hard for anyone else to understand what we are going through. I think sometimes he forgets that this affects me all the time - not just every few weeks when it comes up in our conversation. I've actually been trying to find a local hairdresser for a wig - life is too short to be self conscious all the time! I work in Plano and live in McKinney, so we should definitely meet up sometime.
  4. atabassam

atabassam New Member

hair loss

hi, has anyone used mira hair oil?
  5. atabassam

atabassam New Member

hi anyone there
  6. Charlotte P

Charlotte P New Member

Dfw

I have experienced hair loss for several years but it has finally gotten to the point I can no longer hide it. I went to Premier Salon & Wig studio in Plano (new location Central expressway & Park) yesterday and Becky was so supportive and so helpful. She helped me chose a hairpiece that looks very natural. I had visited a couple of places in the area but she had the best price and spent 2 hours with me. I felt like a new person when I left. I didn't want to have to go to wearing a hair piece but I just couldn't deal with it any longer. We went to dinner last night and for the first time in a long time I liked the way my hair looked. I will continue to try to get my hair back but in the meantime I have found something to make me feel better.
  7. Charlotte P

Charlotte P New Member

Dermatologist in DFW area

Does anyone have a dermatologist in the DFW area that has helped with hair loss?
  8. Gloria

Gloria New Member

Dfw

Hey Ladies let's all meet up soon. I live in n FT and wk in Lewisville
  9. Indee

Indee New Member

Looks like these posts may be somewhat old...

I live in the N. Dallas /Plano area and would enjoy meeting, too. Lunch works best for me since I have 3 kiddos in school. Summer will be here soon, so my schedule will open up more then. Thanks.