Drained

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by cartoc6, Sep 4, 2009.

1. cartoc6

cartoc6 New Member

I have been living with my hair loss for years, and it is starting to wear me down.
    I wish for once I could just wake up and not worry about how much hair I’m going to lose. Or be able to style my hair and not worry about covering up thinning areas. I’m jealous of women that have nice thick hair.
    I have female pattern baldness, and I think emotional stress triggered it. About 2 or 3 years ago, I went through laser therapy treatments, and the treatments worked. My hair was thicker and had body on top. My sister even noticed when she would cut my hair. Now my hair is thinning again and I’m not sure why.
    I’m thinking about getting some blood work done again. I did 2 years ago, and everything came back fine. I started taking vitamins hoping that it will slow down my hair loss.
  2. Shelbyjean1213

Shelbyjean1213 New Member

Dear Drained, Please know that you are not alone. There are many of us out here; some acknowledge and try to deal with it, and others choose to ignore it (& perhaps it will go away). The only thing that goes away is your HAIR. I'm new to all of this and just posted part of my history. I'm 60% of the way to "acceptance", but I'm too stubborn. I'm like a dog with an old bone; I can't let it alone. Hopefully, the researchers have the same attitude. I think they're close, and I think most of us will be around to reap the benefits. Keep the faith! Don't let this beat you!