elisabeths ferritin cocktail

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by twinmom, Apr 11, 2014.

1. twinmom

twinmom Member

i had to giggle over the title but ive started elisabeths cocktail to raise ferritin a week ago and im afraid to get too optimistic but...i think it may be working! i had about five strands after combing out and my hair feels thicker. it could be a flook but we will see. i uaually lose at least fifty strands after combing out and thats a decrease before it was over 100.
    that said...ive also started liver pills, digestive enzymes and delicorice tabs to coat my stomach from acid.

the cocktail....

500mg capsule l lysine
    325 mg liquid fumerous ferrate
    big glass orange juice

i do this first thing in the morning and before bed...

optimistic but we will see...
    dont take anything within hour or two of takkng this cocktail
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Dominique

Dominique Member

great news TwinMom- keep us apprised if it continues to help, If it does I'm sure we would all start her cocktail immediately!!!!!! how are you doing other wise?
  3. twinmom

twinmom Member

hi dominique! ive been doing ok. some days better than others.
    i went to the wig stylist and found her a bit harsh. i wont go back. i was disappointed in the wigs. the hair looked ok but the hairline was a shock! so very obvious! even the lacefronts you can see clear as day. can they not come up with a realistic hairline?? this was discouraging. my toppette she cut too much i fell but if i lose a lot more hair id use it.
    im just trying to stay posotive. one huge positive is my gastritis flare ups have gone now that im taking delicorice and the enzymes. ill focus on that for now. howve you been?? ive missed seeing you on here!

* update*.....
    today was back to normal shed day so im still on the fence as to if thjs cocktail will work. i do notice my hair feels thicker stronger. i was reading about l lysine and its a inhibitor for dht attaching to receptors so this makes sense why the shedding may slow down if its geneic related hairloss. it also aids in formation of collagen and some hormones. we dont get much from our diet so mkst of us are deficient in this amino acid.
  4. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

I started this regime three weeks ago becos of low ferritin and no major impact on me yet.
    I actually lost 20 more (so 80 in total) becos of stress this week after shower. Normal shed (around 20 throughout the day without a shower) when combing :(

I wonder how long it takes to raise my ferritin tho
  5. twinmom

twinmom Member

im still shedding but it has tapered. im not sure if its due to the iron but id still like to see the shedding a lot less. i think between showering combing and during the day for sure a 100 strands.
    one thing i have to say is my mood has improved since taking more l lysine. ive been researching it and its a very important amino acid and one that we dont get in our diet easily. i will keep going with this cocktail until i raise my levels. my energy has improved too. im trying to look at the things i am in control of to take away from the anxiety of the hair issues
  6. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

Do you mind sharing contact info with me so we can discuss abit? Xx
  7. twinmom

twinmom Member

hi samantha ...not at all click on my username and leave me a msg :)
  8. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

9. Dominique

Dominique Member

Ladies- I have been zealously researching how to raise ferritin levels and have noted that the same thing comes up in just about every site and that is that it is very hard for a woman to supplement her iron. It appears that Heme Iron is the very best Iron for hair loss and it only comes from meat. Mostly red meat(beef) and the levels of Heme Iron that is quickly absorbed into the body is double or triple what any kind of Iron supplement can give. So I am still going to take one Ferrous sulfate(325mg=65mg elemental iron) which is the daily dose a healthy woman needs each day, but I am also now making lean red meat a daily requirement for myself. I don't know how long I can keep eating it daily( since I really hate red meat ) but if that is what it takes to recover some of my lost hair, I will do it. By the way, TwinMom , I am still shedding more than usual due to the laser tx but my hair seems to be looking healthier and with a little more volume, which is suppose to be a sign that the laser is helping my hair follicles. No great improvement yet but its only been a little over 6 wks on the therapy. keep posting, I love hearing how things are going, hope you are both having a happy hair day!
  10. willcsuccess

willcsuccess New Member

Dominique, What laser tx are you doing? Is it the hairmax? Do let me know and why is it causing hairloss
  11. Dominique

Dominique Member

Willcsuccess- I am using the Theradome Laser Helmet for my hair loss. It has many lasers and is much stronger than the Hair max. It initially causes you to shed more than you were shedding before because it forces the miniaturized hair( which would have shed eventually) to shed sooner so that it can supposedly then start growing a healthier thicker hair follicle. At least that's what all the lit. says about laser hair txs. The jury is still out on whether it will eventually help my hair loss. I have had 15 txs and do see a little bit of improvement in the looks of my baby fine hair. It is starting to shine again and has a little more bounce again, not so limp. But I don't know if I will actually get thicker hair out of this so hold off a few more months b-4 investing the large amount of money that the T. H. costs. I will keep you up to date on any progress/decline I experience from using it. I can tell you now that I am shedding 3-4 times the amount of hair that I was shedding before starting it. I can only hope that that this extra hair that is shedding will regrow as healthier and thicker hair, if it doesn't I have lost a lot of hair that I really couldn't afford to lose at this stage of my hair loss.
  12. willcsuccess

willcsuccess New Member

progress reports?

Hey everyone, Does anyone have any progress reports to share. Please do share. I'd really like to know. We're all on the same regime pretty much, some longer than others. Those who've been on the iron/lysine regime longer would you please share an update
  13. willcsuccess

willcsuccess New Member

laser

Dominique, Have you been using the laser for over 2 months now? Has the hair loss tapered at all? Do you see more regrowth since 10 days back? Is this new hair falling or is it just growing. Share more please
  14. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

I am on regime. This is day 18. Lost maybe 10-12 hairs today. Feel like that's a good sign. I know it's too soon to tell but thought I'd share. My scalp is a bit red and sensitive still. I feel like my part is starting to fill back in a little. Idk but I'm optimistic. Thinking positive +++
  15. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

Has anyone tried a antibiotic for inflamed scalp. Mine s a little red. I have amoxicillin here at home but scared to take it. :/
  16. gabby

gabby New Member

I am so happy for you. Your story inspires me. I am 36 and have experienced major hair loss (most notably on the top of my head). I am 16 months postpartum, but the dermatologist and I agree that my hair loss is more aggressive than average pp hairless, and plus it did not get "bad" until recently (when my daughter was between 13 and 15 months old). Anyhow the usual battery of tests proved to be in the "normal" range. Because of your story I specifically asked what my ferritin level is at, and was told 48. I know that is not especially low, but it is not high either. Should I self-medicate and try your cocktail? Do I need to worry about overdosing right away or just check my levels on a monthly basis if I supplement? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  17. mnewman

mnewman New Member

Hey! I have really been curious about how you're doing with the iron regimen bc I noticed a while back that we both started it in November. I hope you're seeing some kind of improvement. My shedding has really slowed down but no new growth yet. And I don't know if shedding has slowed bc of the coconut oil I started putting on my hair at night 3x/week. My ferritin has been above 70 since January. What little I find says it can take a year to start getting your hair back once ferritin is at goal. I'm trying to be patient. I keep looking here for anyone who has had success with this. In my case, I've been losing hair for 18 years so it could be that my follicles can't grow hair anymore. Hopeful still that maybe by January I'll see some new growth. I'm hoping the same for you. There is so little knowledge out there about this. It's hard to know what to expect when no one else does either. Well keep me posted. I'd love to hear how you're doing. Best of luck to you!
    Blessings!
  18. elisabeth

elisabeth Active Member

twinmom how did MY cocktail work for you?! as if it's mine!!
    its working for me fabulously...if I can just figure out how much/how little to take so that my ferritin stays in the 60's. I just got my labs back today so Ill be posting them in my ongoing & boring update :)
  19. ghad7weyyuw

ghad7weyyuw New Member

Sorry to kill the party, iron must be taken with b12 and b9
  20. elisabeth

elisabeth Active Member

oh I know! I will always take my iron :)