Finally when I thought it was over...

Discussion in 'Rants and Venting' started by Nothing, May 8, 2013.

1. Nothing

Nothing New Member

I started shedding again!! I have no idea why. I have been shedding so much these past two-three weeks and I feel the back of my head thin. I can see the gaps in my hair when I let it all out. I feel myself trying to cover any bald spots I fell. My hair is thinning, and it's making me go cray, I feel like shaving my head bald and staying inside for the rest of my life :(. I have been on here before, but i thought it was getting better, and I really felt happy with absolutly no shedding. I guess that happiness wa only meant for a little while.
  2. miamisun

miamisun New Member

I feel that way too when I go a few days without really bad shedding then BAM - it comes out of nowhere and starts again. Sometimes I think that hoping it is over jinxes me :(
  3. Nothing

Nothing New Member

Ugh it's so much torture having to deal with the emotions that go behind these surprise sheddings, I really hope it stops for the both of us sometime soon.
  4. miamisun

miamisun New Member

Agreed- Thanks! It is exhausting. Mine's been for over a year now and I can't imagine it going on for years.
  5. Nothing

Nothing New Member

Oh my that's horrible, mine has been going about for around for about a year and a half, but it's because I decided to vegitarian without a proper diet, but it might be something else now. Do you know what's causing your shedding?
  6. miamisun

miamisun New Member

Well there were several factors that may have turned the switch on: stress (husband's job loss/sister in a coma/a robbery and bad medical news), then a surgery and then a 2 month vegan diet (sounds familiar huh?). However, those factors have been alleviated now (with the exception of the stress from HL) but the shedding goes on. I suspect hormones are involved now despite bloodwork in 'normal ranges' -and that's the bottomless pit of searching in vain for the right combo of hormone replacement.
  7. Nothing

Nothing New Member

Before I reply, I'm really sorry for replying so late, I was extremely busy. Anyway I'm really sorry for all the things that have happened to you :(, it's really unfair that with involuntary stress comes the hair shedding. Then you stress more because your hair is shedding; it's a really nasty cycle. I really hope you find something that helps you stop the shedding, but since it's been a while, how's the shedding going now? any luck?
  8. miamisun

miamisun New Member

Hi Nothing and no apollogies needed. We are all busy. In fact, that is part of the hassle of hair loss, that we lose soooo much time from our lives on forums and searching the web trying to find help, solutions and hope.

No my loss hasn't subsided. In fact, it has picked up again. Yours?
  9. Nothing

Nothing New Member

Well I keep hearing that nizoral is good for your head, but when I did more research that one of it's warnings is that it may cause more hair loss. All the products seem like they'll kill your hair.

Awww that seriously sucks, and mine is getting worse, it might be because of the exams coming up. I've lost around 30-40 hair strands today which is a lot for me. It's pretty scary.
  10. miamisun

miamisun New Member

Yeah all of the supplements, hair products, bio hormones etc. might help and on the flip side, they might hurt matters. That's the catch 22 with this. Ugh!

Good luck with your exams!
  11. Nothing

Nothing New Member

Aha thanks, I passed my exams with fair marks aha, and it's worse when companies try and take advantage of poor women who would try anything to stop their hair from shedding. My hair has stopped shedding a little, but I can still feel the empty areas and it's really sad. Still I'll live through it.