Follea Toppette Crown Extensions for sale

Discussion in 'Wigs and Toppers' started by Mel6195, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Mel6195

Mel6195 New Member

Hello ladies,

About a month ago I purchased this beautiful Follea topper. It is the AeroTA116 large base which is $2874 (their prices are also posted on their catalog). I've already had it cut in so it's not as long as it originally started, and it does have bangs now as well as long layers. It is wavy but can be straightened/styled, as you'll see in the pics.

I haven't worn it, and it's just not the right topper for me for a variety of reasons. It's beautiful, but it wasn't the right choice for me so I'm exploring other options.

I'd hate to see it sitting in my closet and never see the light of day - if anyone is interested, I'd sell it for $2500.

Photos attached.

Attached Files:

2. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

The pictures are all extremely small. :/ how does it look in person? Does it look realistic or does it look like an obvious hair piece? If it looks realistic how come you are selling it?
  3. Mel6195

Mel6195 New Member

I don't know why they are so small, I can't figure out how to size them better. :( If you are interested, send me a PM with your email address and I'll try to email them to you. Maybe that would be better. Or find me in the network, there are photos of it there too that might be better.

I have a bad cowlick where I part my hair, and I'm also very very thin right there, so I have a hard time matching up the topper with my part so that it blends well up against my weird thin baldspot/cowlick. It's just that my hairline doesn't work. These pictures were taken after the salon after my wig lady put it on for me, but she's a professional and I don't have time to mess with my hair that much every day.

I wore it home from the salon that day and I saw a variety of people - my sister, niece and neighbor. I also saw my husband, who knew what I was doing and he said it looked nice (he doesn't think I need to wear hair), and a few of his buddies, none of them said a word but they're men so that's expected. My niece said "ooooh, i like your hair!!" and was really surprised to hear it wasn't my hair. My neighbor said "oh, you got your hair colored, it looks pretty!"; my sister knew what I was doing but she kept saying it didn't look fake at all (because I kept asking for reassurance - it's weird to see yourself with so much hair when you're used to hardly having any). I think she would have been straight forward with me, she's not one to say nice things just to spare my feelings :).

I am more than happy to put it on and take more photos if you are interested. Just let me know. I know it's a big decision.

~ Melissa
  4. MD95

MD95 New Member

Did you have any luck with selling your Topette or were you able to make it work for you? I just purchased a Follea and I'm afraid it is not the right thing for me.
  5. Mel6195

Mel6195 New Member

Nope, no luck selling it :(

I still haven't worn it. I know Follea works for some people, it just isn't working for me. It really is a shame to have something to expensive and pretty sitting in my closet never seeing the light of day. I contacted a rep at Follea to see if they would maybe be willing to put me in touch with someone who wanted to purchase one of their pieces but perhaps couldn't afford it - there have to be many ladies out there in need of quality hair but unable to pay such a steep price. I never heard back from them. It's very disappointing.
  6. MD95

MD95 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, both for you and for myself if I decided to try and sell it, I was hoping that could be an option. I just got mine last night and haven't done anything with it. I did play around with it last night and it seemed so, so wrong, now it's just sitting in the box staring at me, I can't get excited about it at all.

Was the trouble for you that it didn't look convincing? That's the problem for me, it's just too much hair and the part doesn't seem realistic to me, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong? The clips are also quite uncomfortable. Are you trying something else that's working for you?

I agree, what a shame, because they're lovely and sooo expensive - I feel ill about it.
  7. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

Maybe it just looks wrong to you because you aren't used to seeing so much hair? Maybe you could have the peiece thinned out? Perhaps wearing it around the house when you're at home will get you used to it; could it be that it's just overwhelming to wear hair & it's not the actual look of the hair itself? Would you be able to post any pictures of the part by chance, I am going to purchase a Follea toppete but I want a longer one that hasn't been cut already & it needs to match my blonde hair color & I don't want to bleach or dye it & risk damaging the hair. I'm actually going all the way to Norway to try on a topette so I hope it's not all in vain! This is my last hope. :/
  8. Mel6195

Mel6195 New Member

If you haven't had it cut in yet, will they do a return?
    Unfortunately, people don't want to spend so much on a hair piece and I can't say I blame them! I'm sure I could sell it for a few hundred but I can't lose out on so much money.

I will say this - out of the box, unstyled, it's very difficult to achieve a look you will like. Because it needs to look like you. Have you looked for a salon in your area that specializes in wigs (there are a few in my area, they are geared toward women who have lost their hair due to cancer so not only wigs but other types of prosthetics) and the owners of these shops will be very well-trained in cutting in wigs and hair pieces to match your existing hair style. If yours came like mine did, out of the box it was all one length, super long - doesn't look anything like me which is why I had it cut in.

It's too much hair for me. I like being able to see a part, to me that makes it more realistic. I realize that I only notice it because I look at everyone's hair parts, and that most people wouldn't notice at all, but it still felt to me like just too much hair. The clips were comfortable. They didn't pull on my hair at all. The real issue though, is that I have a weird cowlick where my hair parts, and it's super thin there. So I can't ever get the edge of the topper to match up in a way that looks natural - there's not much hair to blend right there.
  9. MD95

MD95 New Member

I agree, seeing myself with hair is bizarre and I can't get my brain around it. My hair problems started 20 years ago and I has been so long since I've seen myself with a full head of hair that I feel ridiculous in it. My natural part is quite wide and you see a lot of white, so having a tight, dark part is also throwing me off with the piece. The clips are uncomfortable, but maybe moving them around would help and just getting used to them, plus I need practice finding the right placement for the piece. I will try to take some pics of the part to post.

Don't be discouraged, the toppers really do seem to work for a lot of people. I think styling is a big part of it. The Follea rep that sold me the piece wears one and it looked great. She has been wearing them several years and is very comfortable with taking them on/off - she just plopped it on her head and with a few quick adjustments had it blended perfectly, I was amazed! She also wears bangs. I don't, that may be another thing that I'm having trouble with - it seems the bangs make it easier to blend.
  10. MD95

MD95 New Member

I think I'm stuck with it. The paperwork states no returns or exchanges for any reason for health/hygiene reasons.

I'm sure it will look much better styled, but like you the part is really putting me off. To the untrained eye, the topper probably looks good and believable, but I also scrutinize other people's parts too and I know most of them don't look like this piece, it seems too close/tight and dark - there's not enough scalp showing through (ironic, I know). Maybe bangs helps? I haven't had bangs for over 20 years, and I'm not convinced they looked very good on me, but maybe it's easier to make the part work? I don't have a local stylist yet. I'm not sure if there are many in my area - I still need to research that.

If it helps at all, I thought yours looked very good in the pictures (tiny as they were), especially the one in the car.
  11. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

I'm not trying to be rude here so I hope I don't offend! But I personally would rather look good in hair that some might know is fake than rock my bio hair & look crappy. Like, even if the part isn't totally to your liking, isn't it better than not wearing it? Again not trying to be offensive, that's just how I feel about it. & yah without styling it will not look realistic, you need to have it cut, layered, thinned out, colored, whatever to suit your own needs, no peice almost ever looks right for anyone just out of the box.
  12. MD95

MD95 New Member

No offense taken here, thanks for your perspective!
  13. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

Which topette exactly did you order? I was considering the lifestyle but it's $5,000 which is insane... But at this point I'd do anything for nice hair again... From their website that seems like the most realistic one.
  14. MD95

MD95 New Member

I got the Aero 2 TA115, 14". It was about $2,500 with the shipping. The Lifestyle had a heavier/thicker cap but also more hair, if I remember right. The Aero cap is light and seems to breath well, I like that.
  15. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

Did you try it on at a salon first or did you just order it online? im torn between ta115/lifestyle. :/ need to try it on first to see what it looks like... I was imaging with that price it would be virtually undetectable to the human eye, but you guys have me worried! Lol. :/
  16. MD95

MD95 New Member

I went with a local rep who had several pieces to try on, then I ordered through her. It's really hard to tell what it will look like without it being styled/cut. The rep I worked with made hers blend great (she also has the Aero).

The hairline is so much better than my own that it seems like too big of a change. Also, I feel like it rests a little high in the front, but I don't know how to blend yet so that could be the problem. My rep wears bangs, I keep thinking that may be easier to work with.

They really are beautiful pieces, and same as you I thought for that much money it would be practically undetectable. But, it's still a hair piece and can't be exactly like real hair, but it can still look great....the next best thing, I guess!
  17. MD95

MD95 New Member

Have you

Did you feel like the large fit okay? I went with a large as well, but now I'm not sure if it is a good fit. I'm really not sure how you even know if it fits properly.
  18. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

19. MD95

MD95 New Member

It is a lot like that. All of the Follea's I've seen look very realistic in the photos. Maybe I need to step away from the mirror and quit over analyzing? :)
  20. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel Member

Post a picture! I will give you the honest truth. ;)