Georgia?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by kellyjean, Aug 8, 2009.

1. kellyjean

kellyjean New Member

Anyone, anyone at all.

:]
  2. kawawa

kawawa New Member

I don't know any off hand, but it doesn't matter. We have each other. If you stick around for a while you will find that you have many friends near and far. :D
  3. Lisah

Lisah New Member

Hey, I am also from Georgia..( South) I'm not sure how to use the forum yet but I do read the information that everyone list. It does seem to help knowing other women know exactly how you feel.. Lisa
  4. YAC

YAC New Member

It's been awhile since I visited this site but I'm in Atlanta. I would love to find people to share and learn more about options and treatments for hairloss. I've been battling this over 10 years and I finally came around to accepting it. Now, I wear a topper. I've worn it for few months now but if you have any question I would love to help you out.
  5. kellyjean

kellyjean New Member

I'd love to meet you guys.... I don't know anyone personally that's experiencing what I'm experiencing.
  6. YAC

YAC New Member

Hi KellyJean,
    I know what you mean. I am the only one among my friends to have this illness and they truly do not understand what I go through everyday. Even my family is demystified that I have this issue. I'm a bit ashamed that it took me over 10 years to make peace with it and decided to try the topper. I am not an expert on any of this but at least I can share what I know.
  7. JudyC

JudyC New Member

Could someone give me the name of a place or stylist to use in Atlanta area for a wig or topper? I'm at the point where I'm too embarrassed to go out in public unless I really have to, and it's limiting and depressing to feel this way. Thanks in advance for any help....would love to find someone who could see me in private....I hate going to a salon where everyone can stare.:( Thanks so much, Judy
  8. YAC

YAC New Member

JudyC,

I have been going to Jentis Studios located near Marietta Square. You can google it to get their contact. I found them through internet and they seem to be okay so far. I purchased my first topper there and fairly satisfied with their products and service. They are little overpriced on typical haircut / monthly maintenance but overall nice and friendly people. Check them out and let me know what you think.
  9. KimH

KimH New Member

New here and also live in the Atlanta area!

Hi! I see it's been a while since anyone has visited the Georgia Forum. I'm looking to make some new friends who also have hair loss issues like me. I'm used to wearing wigs now, but don"t forget the fear and the humility I felt while going through my initial hair loss. I was also very sad and angry that I never realized the emphasis my own family put on someone's looks - not just hair, but body and face as well. Needless to say, between having the other physical effects of PCOS and then losing the bulk of my hair, well my family just ignored me for many years until recently. To this day my father still tugs on my wig, especially if it's long hair, or family members believe they have the right to comment on how different wigs look on me, what they like and what they don't like. I have received the most encouragement, support, and advice from friends and other community members both on the web, through business, and through my church family. It's given me the opportunity and strength to "kick the negativity" out of my life from my blood-related family members who continue to be shallow and not-understanding with their comments or concerns (which I recognize could be partially out of fear), and have stepped out of my sheltered, comfort zone in a BIG Way! Earlier this year, I started my own Beauty Consultant business with the intent to reach out to ALL women, to empower them in the knowledge that we all are beautiful, unique, special creatures that should be celebrated, and we need to start with ourselves first! That being said, and going well, I now want to reach out to my local hair loss sisters. Like I said, I so clearly recall the blatant ugliness and less-than-desired look I felt I had achieved. I lost confidence in myself, in my marriage, thought I was even a bad mother. I hated to socialize because I was tired of people asking me if I was dying (thought I had cancer), fragile with illness of some kind, or the best one - could not look me in the eye when having a conversation with me because they were distracted and latched onto my bald head staring at them. (I understood, it's human nature. But, still it did nothing for my ego). To boot, I was a Senior Manager in a large, International Corporation. I was expected to give presentations as necessary. I never realized the importance of a woman's appearance in business until I was asked to have one of the other managers present my material because I was deemed a "distraction" and there was no way to tone down the lights from shining through what little hair I had left to not exaggerate my hair loss on stage. Another major whack to the confidence level. But today, after going through all the negativity, I am emotionally, spiritually, and confidentally empowered in my own business. Thus, I want to reach out to others that are in the same boat that I was in, give them encouragement that it can work out in the end. I'm not going to sit here and say it doesn't suck to an extent, but all's not bad really. Now I make quite the entrance when I walk into the room and for all the right reasons!

I would LOVE to chat with more people and especially those ladies here in Atlanta! Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Kim ;)
    LoCo likes this.
  10. A J P

A J P New Member

I live in Marietta and would love to talk to you.
  11. Lauren3

Lauren3 New Member

I'm not sure how to reply to some of you directly in the Atlanta area, but I'd love to meet as well!
  12. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Looking for people in the Atlanta area to meet up

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but I have been reading stories and threads on this website for a very long time. To make a long story short, I have been struggling with a chronic illness which seemed to have triggered AGA and chronic telogen effluvium. Last year my hair had stopped shedding completely and it was growing beautifully and my chronic illness was on remission. I thought this nightmare was behind me when due to stress, my chronic pain flred up really bad and my hair started falling out in clumps again, but worst than it ever did. I lost tons of hair. I eventually weaned myself off some of the meds I was taking and I literally went from shedding 300 hairs or more a day to 50 or less within a week or so. I am seeing a naturopath who prescribed some thyroid meds, although I was still on the normal range. Well, now it turns out the meds have made me hyperthyroid. I learned this because my hair started falling again to the point where I can no longer hide it. I am frustrated and angry at this doctor. I'm scared there is no coming back from this.

I m devastated because I used to be known for my hair and now I have the worst hair you can imagine. I am in the process of balacing my thyroid hormones but I don't even know if that would fix it. I have lost hope. I feel unfeminine. In fact, I wake up in the mornig and can't believe this is my reality, it feels like a nightmare. This has affected my job performance and my marriage, I can't even go swimming because I look very bald with my hair wet, not to mention I am shedding like crazy.

The worst we can do is isolate ourselves, it is for that reasonn that I would LOVE to meet people going through a similar situation. I don't want this to destroy my life and I know social support would make a big difference for me.
  13. Lauren3

Lauren3 New Member

Hi Kyle
    I just sent you a message to see if you'd like to meet in Atlanta. I think I left it on your page.
  14. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Hi everyone,

I live in the Atlanta area and would love to meet with some of you ladies. We need to support one another so that we don't let this hair loss issue consume us. We can't let this issue ruin our lives or careers, just let me know if you are interested in meeting for coffee or something.

Best,
    Kyle
  15. Lauren3

Lauren3 New Member

sent you a message on your page :)
  16. AGiftFromGod

AGiftFromGod New Member

Meet Up in ATLANTA GA

Hi Ladies I would love to Support you if you live in Atlanta... We are looking to work with women who suffer from Hair Loss and be the support you need to start living your best life.. Please feel free to connect with me and allow us to help you start loving yourself from the inside out.. Hair must not define who we are as women, but it's who we are your inner on the inside that will give you the power to Open your EYES and See WHO YOU AREALLY ARE!!! YOU ARE A GIFT FROM GOD...Allow us to show you how to embrace your beauty..

Look Within and find your inner beauty,,,

Shannon
  17. GA girl

GA girl New Member

I live in Woodstock and would love to talk to some locals. I think it would be great to share our resources here.