Guilt for posting a pre-hair loss pic

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by Elissa, May 7, 2009.

1. Elissa

Elissa New Member

I have been feeling guilt ever since i joined and put up an old pic of myself. The picture I use is from 2003, years before my hair loss started. I feel ashamed that I am too insecure to put up a more recent picture. I feel like I am being ingenuine to everyone in some way. Like I can't be the real me or I can't bare to look at a picture of myself now. Does anyone else feel guilty for using a pre-hair loss pic as their profile picture/avatar? I wish I could caption the pic "2003 pre-hair loss... Wish I still looked like that"

:(
  2. Angela

Angela Moderator

Honey,
    Don't feel guilty about putting your pre-hair loss picture up. You are not being disingenuous in doing so. You are still you, and you are not your hair. It is you that we enjoy having here, even though it is hair loss that brought us together. There are ladies that put no picture up at all. They can not bring themselves to even photograph themselves. It hurts far too much to post a picture. That is fine too. Is the woman who posts no picture any more genuine than you? Its your words and your heart that we see so clearly regardless of what your hair looks like at the present moment.
    I see you, and you are beautiful my darling. :>
  3. Elissa

Elissa New Member

Thank you so much for understanding *HUGS* It has been bothering me for SO long and I had to get it off my chest.:>
  4. Angela

Angela Moderator

Hugs right back at'cha! :D
  5. kawawa

kawawa New Member

Be creative!

I love to see the photos of before and after, but when I see these Avatars I never wonder if it is you now or you then. I just see beautiful women who want to share and I see the you that you want to project.

I don't even put my face on the web, least a co-worker recognize me and "out" me for wearing a topper or did you really think that Missy Piggy had joined the forum????? HeeeHeeee!:eek:

Really, find something else to feel guilty about. We are going to accept you no matter what you look like or how you see yourself. (((((hugs)))))))

KAWAWA
  6. VictoriaG

VictoriaG New Member

Elissa, it took me months to post pictures on the site, but even now I periodically delete them. Sometimes I post old pictures, when I was happier with my appearance, and sometimes I use more current ones, to justify to myself that I'm not imagining this. When I look at your picture, I see a cute face that I can match with the name when I see you online! xx