Hair Club

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Solutions' started by MsAyn, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MsAyn

MsAyn New Member

Hello, everyone!
    I looked around here but haven't found any topics relating to Hair Club. Forgive me if this is a a redundant thread but I must share my experience with you all.

I went to Hair Club and signed up for the Bio Extension and I am so incredibly happy!!!! I would like to recommend this to anyone out there that is considering this service.
    For those of you that don't know, Hair Club takes a sample of your hair, fits you with a mold and makes a piece for you that is then applied with surgical glue. I was given a fantastic stylist (at the HC office) named Val. If any of you are in the Glendale, CA area, their office is amazing and Val is a dream!
    When I went in on Tuesday, she colored my hair (chosen at the consult) and also my hair piece at the same time. I read that your head can be shaved to fit the piece but Val doesn't like to do that the first visit. She doesn't want to traumatize her client. She did cut about 4 inches off of the area that is being covered (I'm thin on top but my sides and back are healthy) and applied the piece. That baby isn't going anywhere!

Ladies, I am SO HAPPY with my results!!!! I can't feel it at all, and it looks amazing!! I feel fantastic and my best friend (who also has hair loss and wears a wig) couldn't even tell I'd had it done! I just want people to take my picture over and over as it is so wonderful NOT to see my scalp reflecting off the flash!!!
    The hair products that HC has are fantastic and smell REALLY good!!! (so far I've been given samples up the ying yang! I'm good for a bit!) I told Val today I love walking around in a "scenty cloud."

So here are some details to be aware of (nothing I think is bad, by the way)
    The cost for the piece is $4000 (a hair transplant through them is $10,000)
    Maintenance is suggested every 6 to 8 weeks and is $95 an hour (shouldn't take more than that at all) I think this is a HUGE bonus as when I get my regular hair done at a salon, it was a minimum $125.
    For me, I had a razor cut bob done, which I love! I do find that to my eye, without some sort of texturing balm, I think it looks like a wig (I did ask a girl who barely knows me if my hair looked ok and if it looked fake. She said "NO WAY!!") But its only been 4 days so I'm still adjusting.
    With my natural hair under the piece, I think it looks too big, so when I go in for my maintenance in November, I am definitely going to have her shave my head where it will be covered.

I am so incredibly happy. I almost backed out of this because I didn't want to look phony but at the last minute decided to go with the flow. I am soooo glad I did!!! I'm not going to worry about the future of my hair anymore. I shall take it a day at a time. Also, real hair or not... I look hot!!!

I hope this helps you all and thank you for letting me share my wonderful experience!
    I'm attaching a picture of me as well. The top, from forehead to crown, is my bio extension :)

Attached Files:

2. ImJena

ImJena New Member

I'm glad you found something that is giving you confidence! You look awesome in the picture, I love the cut and texture of the layers! Very cute. :)
  3. laprovam

laprovam New Member

OMG! It looks awesome! You look like a model. I wouldn't be able to tell except that you are on this site!
  4. MsAyn

MsAyn New Member

Ok, its been a year.
    Hair Club ended up failing miserably.

It became incredibly expensive. The $4000 it cost me wasn't for the entire treatment just the first 6 months. After that, it was $405.00 per month, BUT, I COULD ONLY GET TREATMENT AFTER 5 WEEKS. Unfortunately for me, I would start lifting after 2 1/2-3. On top of that, the cost of their hair products and I pay for my own health insurance, I was paying close to $1000 a month as I was still paying off the initial four grand. If I went in before the 5 weeks I would be charged extra. When I would voice my concerns and eventual anger, I was told I could move up a level in their program for more frequent visits. In other words, spend more money. EFF THAT!!!

Last month I got sick of it all and pulled the thing off. Been wearing a hat for a fee weeks. My hair is so thin, the entire top of my scalp is visible through the hair I have. I'm going to Average tomorrow for some pampering and to cut off the rest of my hair. I'm going to get some color because, oh boy (!), did I get grey!!!! Haha. :)

I'm going to go back to rogaine and maybe a wig.
    What bums me out the most is that I love to run obstacle coursed, complete with water hazards and mud. Can't wear a wig doing that stuff.

There's a level of relief in not wearing that piece anymore. I'm excited to go back to my favorite shampoos. I've missed Bed Head!
    Emotionally, I go back and forth between relief, because I'm exhausted from stressing about my hair, and the fear that no man will find me attractive or love me if I'm bald. I know that's dumb but in my twenties I was known for my hair. My ego hurts!!!! :p.
    Ah well. Onto better things!!
  5. Judith2013

Judith2013 New Member

God, my sympathy goes out to you. That is an awful lot of money. Some companies just think they can rob us hair sufferers blind - take advantage of our condition. It just isn't right.:mad:

I get my full cap systems for a company in the UK. I'm in the UK but I think they also send them out around the world, not sure, so you might have to check.

I saw them on Youtube. At first I thought they only sold hair replacement for men, but after emailing them they told me they sold to women too.

I've worn wigs for about two years but I must say the one I'm currently wearing is awesome. I'd recommend them, but I'm not sure if I can give out the name.

It only cost me around $450 for the full head system and that was shipping too. None of this paying every month scam. I've had my current system for five months and it's still good as new.:D
  6. LauraBinGB

LauraBinGB New Member

MsAyn-

I'm new to this site and have been reading a lot of posts and learning a ton. I was so excited for you when I read your first post and very, very sad for you to read how it all turned out. That is so frustrating that they misled you like that. Wow, that is a lot of money and then very detrimental to take it off and be left with the hair that they probably ended up shaving. I am so sorry!

Judith, you don't think you can say the name of the company where you got your wig? I see a lot of different brand names mentioned that I would think you could.

Laura
  7. missmyhair42

missmyhair42 New Member

Hi MsAyn,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Hair Club. I don't know if you are still checking the posts here but I wanted to tell you that if you still want a bonded topper at a reasonable price and Calabasas is not too far, I recommend trying Thursdays salon. I have been going there for a year and love my hair. For about $3000 a year I get two toppers. I wear each one for 6 months. I go back every 3-4 weeks for rebondng and maintenance. I pay about $85 for each maintenance and rebonding appointment. There really aren't any other expenses. They sell their own hair products but there is no pressure to buy them. I do not. I use sulfate free shampoo from Costco and my topper looks great!

Good luck!
  8. Julia David

Julia David Member

Tell him to check the company out and try ti get in touch with previous clients to discus the company! Hope i helped.