Hair Loss After Pregnancy!

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by mumof3boys, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mumof3boys

mumof3boys New Member

Just a bit about me. I recently turned 30 years old and cannot believe that I am posting at a sight for HAIR LOSS. I am devastated. I have progressively been getting thinner hair over the past 2 years and I gave birth 3 months ago and now my hair is so thin. I am not sure if my hair loss is worse now because of then end of pregnancy or if there is something else going on? I have have had my thyroid levels tested and they are all normal.
    I guess I need to know what the next step is? Do I get more hormone tests done? What kind of doctor do I see? Ack.. I am so devastated, embarrassed and am becoming consumed by this... sigh..

Thanks in advance....
  2. kdwmw

kdwmw New Member

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering from hair loss. It was devastating, embarrassing & consuming for me, too. Finding this site has probably been the most helpful thing for me, as I continue to seek the 'answer/cure' for my hair loss.

Here are the steps I took...got referrals from primary care physician to a dermatologist & endocrinologist. Your derm can rule out some things just examining your scalp. You can ask for a scalp biopsy. Your endo can do hormonal testing & full blood work up to make sure you have no vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

Also, you could check w/ your doctor to see if it's ok to use Rogaine while you seek out the answers. I don't know if you are nursing, so I'd definitely check w/ your docs before you take or apply anything :).

We used to live in Alberta for a few years. I loved it & miss the snow, the skiing & beauty.