Hair loss person in Michigan?

Discussion in 'Recommend a Doctor' started by questioning, Mar 8, 2015.

1. questioning

questioning New Member

I am looking for someone more local to go to. I have used several of the internet company programs, did the laser for 3 months at a local place in Bingham Farms. Lost more hair there and now have a hair piece. I just bought a laser cap from a hair loss person in Florida.
    What is the difference in the ones sold on the internet? Has anyone had success? How have people done on Aldactone? I went off Rogaine as my scalp was getting tooo irritated after all these years and did a major shed. Has anyone had luck with the new women's foam rogaine ? I've been at this for over 20 years and if YOU have any successes let me know!
  2. Julia David

Julia David Member

1. Disease or illness - Losing hair could be a sign of being unhealthy. Illnesses such as systemic lupus erythematosis and syphilis, or thyroid disorder show hair loss as a symptom. Chronic kidney dysfunction may also cause lots of hair to fall as it makes them unhealthy, dry, and breakable.

2. Side effects of medications - Drugs that contain lithium, beta-blockers, warfarin, heparin, amphetamines, and levodopa (Atamet, Larodopa, Sinemet) can cause numerous hair to fall off. In addition, some medications being used in treating cancer like doxorubicin can cause rapid but temporary hair loss.

3. Hormones - Different kinds of hormones compromise the human system and an imbalanced production of those could affect the normal growth of hair. An example of this is women's menstrual cycle. Hormonal changes take place in the ovulation period that could cause some hair to lose, so as thyroid and pituitary disorders.

4. Zinc deficiency - Along with diarrhea and eczema, hair loss appears to be a symptom if one has inadequate intake or if the body poorly absorbs zinc.

5. Hair abuses - Too much treatments to hair such as coloring, perming, bleaching, corn rows, and usage of curling irons can wear out and eventually kill the hair. Even excessive use of comb and strong shampoo products can add up to hair loss. Combing the hair for about a hundred times will not really make it healthy; rather, it will lessen the strength of the hair and make it brittle. Shampoos' strong chemicals, on the other hand, can dry the hair up.