Has iron helped?

Discussion in 'Iron' started by Sandra, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Sandra

Sandra New Member

I've been suffering from diffuse hair loss for over 2 years. About 6 months ago, I discovered that my serum ferritin was low (13). I've been taking 2 Slow Iron pills daily and my levels are up to 53. I am still shedding hair and am starting to feel like this will never help. I'm wondering if anyone out there has been helped by increasing their iron stores and if so, what number did it reach before helping. :confused:
  2. angelinadiaz

angelinadiaz Banned

As per my advise any adult person specially women can increase their intake of iron and calcium for hair as well as bones growth.
  3. arjhay101

arjhay101 New Member

[FONT=arial, helvetica]The use of an iron supplement may help low ferritin hair loss by adding more iron to your system. The rationale for iron supplementation is that once the serum level is raised to the necessary threshold point, hair growth will resume. However, one of the biggest drawbacks to this type of treatment is that it takes a long time, because ferritin levels must be increased gradually. And then allow 2-3 months for hair to stop shedding, and 5-6 months for new hairs to become long enough to make a visible impact.[/FONT]
  4. saniaa83

saniaa83 New Member

The straightening iron, also known as a flat iron, has progressed greatly from its roots over a century ago. The original straightening tools utilized metal rods heated by fire and were difficult to handle on your own hair. Today's flat irons are lightweight tools with two heated plates that glide over hair with ease.