Hey girls I'm back....with MAJOR UPDATE!!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by elisabeth, Nov 25, 2014.

1. 9lives

9lives New Member

I noticed less shed when I started taking iron and vitamin c every day so I thought that was the answer. I added folate and b-12 and I think that might have shot the iron up without me knowing and caused a major shed. I added l-lysine and I think that made it worse! So I didn't take anything yesterday and I have less shed today. It's crazy I react that fast to a change. I think I got over saturated with iron like you did. It was hard to believe because it helped me initially. So now what do I do?!!! I will try iron once a week. Are you going to take vitamin c every day? L-lysine once a week? What about folate, b-12, and biotin?
  2. elisabeth

elisabeth Active Member

Isn't it CRAZY how fast your hair reacts?!! When we supplement, this happens. So I have been taking 1 ferrasorb ONCE a week and NO Lysine and my labs on June 26th were iron 32, ferritin 70 & saturation 12. So my saturation was now too low when last week it was too high. So for the past 2 weeks I have been taking Lysine about every 5 days to see if that rises my saturation just 2 points which is where I need it. But each day I always take C and Biotin. I stopped all the other ones I bought that are great supplements but obviously for me the only results I want are hair and they worked at first but then were just too much. I'm predicting that for me, the only supplements I need to take to stop shedding is what I'm doing right now....just not sure the exact dose of Ferrasorb and Lysine. Once a week maybe? Trial and error, over n over again for 2 years now and I'm SO close to figuring out my exact formula for success. And I know I sound like a broken record but I could not have had any success without my routine biweekly blood tests. This is the KEY. Today my hair is the best it's been in over a year :)))
    Ponygirl likes this.
  3. 9lives

9lives New Member

My hair stopped falling out. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Elisabeth for getting the blood tests done and for sharing with us. I have that MTHFR gene that means I can't tolerate Folic Acid, only folate. I think when I started taking folate, b-12 and Lysine with the iron it shot me way up and I had the biggest shed I've ever had. Now I am going to take a multi with folate, b-12, and Vit C and the iron and lysine once a week. Biotin did help me. It filled in what looked like male pattern baldness. I kept saying my blonde hair was just damaged and a new hair dresser said I hear what you are saying but it's not damage it's something else. That's when I started biotin. I'm just frustrated I have to wait to grow all this hair out again. I've been through this already and have been growing it for four years! The inch or two of regrowth is really thick! I am optimistic! I do have more in the front now so it's actually better than it was. I have more coverage and bangs like I did in my 20s so that's a plus. Like I said I think that was the biotin. My nails are super long too! I can't thank you enough Elisabeth! Thank you for sharing with us! How is your hair doing?
  4. elisabeth

elisabeth Active Member

I wish all the hair loss issues were all iron related since it really is solvable. I think I finally found my solution and it's not all the supplements I was taking. thank god one of you girls taught me that the strong C I was taking could possibly be making my iron go too high. I have just taken 1 daily ferrasorb and 1 L Lysine for the past several weeks and last week hair was nearly perfect and the labs showed that; my saturation FINALLY dropped to an ok level of 16, iron 51 & ferritin 41. this past week was also almost perfect but I noticed a bit more sheds 2 days ago and I wondered if my labs were off this week. I did get my period so I think that's what caused my labs from yesterday to be slightly off; saturation was too high at 21, ferritin is too low at 35. im assuming that when my ferritin drops my saturation rises. I am not changing anything - will still only take a daily ferrasorb/Lysine and will test again in the next 7-10 days. if my levels improve then yesterdays labs are due to having my period and then next period I will just double up on my Ferrasorb on those days. I am THIS close to nailing this once and for all. does anyone have a reason why my saturation levels rise/fall in accordance with ferritin levels?
    Ponygirl likes this.
  5. Anais

Anais New Member

Elisabeth, thank you for all information.
    Can you give us update
    Thnx