High Frequency Treatment?

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by EmilyJ, Mar 19, 2012.

1. EmilyJ

EmilyJ New Member

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie and I have posted my story in the general section. Very Basically - doctors say my health is fine (blood tests etc) I'm on a 6 month waiting list to see a dermatologist and I have seen a tricologist (who wants to see what the dermatologist says first!!) But all (and myself, family and hairdresser) agree there is significant hair loss.

I am currently only using baby shampoo and a gentle dove conditioner (I never use any products or heat or anything else on my hair) and I brush it very carefully with a proper brush.

The tricologist is doing a high frequency treatment on my hair and scalp, she says to stimulate the hair/scalp. Has anyone had this treatment before and if so what were the results?

Keep Smiling
    Emily
    :)
  2. Tracy C

Tracy C New Member

Hi EmilyJ,

Can you explain what the "high frequency treatment" is?

Take care,

Tracy
  3. EmilyJ

EmilyJ New Member

Hello Tracy :)

I trained as a beauty therapist when I left school and worked in a spa for about a year and we used a high frequency machine to treat acne.

This probably explains things a little better than I can! . . .

All high frequency facial machines function using glass High Frequency Electrodes which come in many different shapes and sizes to treat various contours of the face and body. When applied to the surface of the skin, a mild electrical current passes through the neon or argon gas filled glass electrode causing it to emit a subtle glow. The electrodes produce varying intensities of light and a pleasant, therapeutic tingling sensation which may be adjusted via a power control dial. All High Frequency Electrodes produce either a neon red / orange light or violet / blue light depending upon the inert gas that they are filled with. Traditionally, violet electrodes have been used by professionals to treat acne prone skin and the orange electrodes have been used to treat aging skin. We have found that both colors produce equally effective results regardless of skin care concern.
    Thinning Hair:
    Through its rapid oscillation, high frequency current improves the process of nourishment, gently exfoliates the skin, promotes local blood circulation, stimulates local glandular activity, supplies heat to the area which is soothing to the nervous system and significantly improves the scalp's receptiveness to and the overall effectiveness of post-treatment hair growth formulas. For many years, hairdressers have used high frequency current technology to revitalize scalp conditions which can aid in promoting healthier hair growth.

I am having this treatment once a week by the tricologist

I actually bought my own high frequency machine (I suffer from adult acne too) and it has dramatically improved my acne. I use it a couple of times a week myself at home on my hair as well as my weekly treatment

Emily
    :)
  4. kp1981

kp1981 New Member

Hello Emily,

Hope you are doing well.

I do have hair fall since very early age. Now i am undergoing high frequency treatment.

Even I would like to buy the high frequency instrument.
    Please could you advice, where can i get one and how much does it cost?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

Regards,
    KP
  5. Julia David

Julia David Member

You are wasting your money....that is a total gimmick and nothing more. Use Rogaine if you want to help with hair loss.
  6. DewayneWood

DewayneWood New Member

Hello......!!!!!
    If you can easily afford that high frequency treatment and instrument then go ahead...!!!!
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  7. Julia David

Julia David Member

It's harmless, but mostly ineffective in stopping hair loss. Don't waste your money. People I know have had good results with topical minoxidil.