I got the Jessica Simpson HH fringe!!

Discussion in 'Wigs and Toppers' started by tlynn_0804, Nov 26, 2010.

1. tlynn_0804

tlynn_0804 New Member

After much thought(I've looked at it at least 20 times in the last few months) I decided to try the Jessica Simpson human hair fringe. Its like a topper but I don't think it has as much hair as a traditional topper(I don't really know though) I just ordered it today in the dark brown color. I'm thinking it will be a good match already but I have reddish-blonde highlights that are now grown out a few inches so it will look funny if I don't color my real hair. So when I get it I plan on having my hairstylist friend color my bio hair back to its original color(staying away from my scalp though since its SO irritated and itchy already) I'm hoping this thing will look fairly natural, my part is getting so wide and my bangs almost no longer exist so its time to get something to cover it up. I hope so badly that I will recover at least 50% of what I lost while I was on the birth control pill. I have a lot of regrowth but I'm using Rogaine as well so I don't know if its from that or from stopping the high androgen index pill I was on(Enpresse.) I have funny looking regrowth hairs that stick straight up(VERY thankful for them) so this should be good to camoflage those while they are growing out. So anyway, once I get the fringe I will let you know how I like it. Its originally listed for $194 on hairextension but today I got it for $133 with their Black Friday sale!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  2. ahughes

ahughes New Member

How did it work for you?

I just recently stopped using Toppik (well I still need some in the back), but my hair is getting too thin for it to do much good. I bought some clip-in bangs, they were very cheap, but now I like them so much I am considering the fuller, human hair one you are talking about. How is it?

Thanks!

April:)
  3. tlynn_0804

tlynn_0804 New Member

April-

I got the HH fringe a couple weeks ago. I like it, but I'm not at the point yet where I have to wear it. I bought it since it was such a good sale I just couldn't pass it up. So I have it when/if I need it. I think it is great, I ordered it in dark brown(my original hair color) but I have half grown out highlights so it looks funny right now if I wear it so I'll have to get my hair colored. I do suggest getting it a shade lighter than what you think your hair is that way you can have it colored to exactly match your hair. It will definitely take some getting used to it but for the little bit of time I wore it around the house I got used to the clips pretty quickly. I hope I somewhat answered your questions, if you have any others feel free to ask me!
  4. gloomy8

gloomy8 New Member

Hi!

Hi! I was wondering if the HH fringe hurts ur scalp?
    I bought the JS Bangs and they really hurt my scalp... maybe I don't have enough hair or something. Plus, since it's synthetic it looks unnatural...
    Does the HH fringe cover the crown too? The bangs obviously don't and so my crown looks super flat with a fake fringe (not a good look at all). Thanks!!
  5. ahughes

ahughes New Member

I can't say I don't feel it, but it's not too bad. I used the fringe too, and ended up getting the fringe because it has more coverage and is real hair. I was lucky that the dark brown matches my hair, I did dye my own hair a little darker to match.

I also had to trim the bangs, I am comfortable cutting my own bangs, but you might need to take it to a hair stylist if you can't do it.

It looks very natural and my husband says it looks real, and I didn't pay him to say that, LOL.

April
  6. ahughes

ahughes New Member

I mean that I used the clip in bangs first, not the fringe.
  7. gloomy8

gloomy8 New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply ! I just have one more question... Is it possible to sleep with the HH fringe, or would you take if off every night ? THanks so much !!
  8. ahughes

ahughes New Member

I take it off every night, I do sometimes nap with it on, but it gets pretty flat. I usually wear a wide headband when I go to bed, just to feel better. It comes off when I sleep, but my hair gets puffy and doesn't look as bad in the morning, LOL.