I'm new and need advice

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by griffink, Aug 14, 2009.

1. griffink

griffink New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this. I am 20 years old and have just started losing my hair. I was on loestrin 24 fe for a little over a month until I started noticing my hair falling out when I was in the shower and brushing it. I was never one that lost a lot of hair when doing this so when it started I got pretty freaked out. I stopped taking the pill immediately because the same thing happened to a friend of mine and she lost a LOT of her hair. It has been a month since i stopped the pill and my hair is still falling out. Even when I just run my hands through my ponytail I will come out with about 10+ hairs compared to none that used to fall out. My hair is about half its original size now. I have been looking and researching online and I have a couple questions if people could help. Will this hair loss stop?? I know that for some people it stops over time and hair will grow back, but how do I know if it will? I have read that some women are genetically disposed to hormone related hair loss and once something triggers the hair loss, it is irreversible. Does anyone know how to tell this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. griffink

griffink New Member

also how do i know if I can have androgenic alopecia?
  3. Sammy7

Sammy7 New Member

I would see your doctor now! Also avoid putting your hair in a ponytail (look up Traction Alopecia) that just stresses your hair out even more!

Goodluck!!