Is anyone going to love me if they know?

Discussion in 'Rants and Venting' started by moonboat, Jun 13, 2012.

1. moonboat

moonboat New Member

I've been losing my hair since I was 12, and now I have about half of the hair that I used to have. I wear my hair down most days because I don't want my receding hairline to show if I put my hair up. But when I wear my hair down, it looks so flat, and the part is so wide even though it's not in the middle.

My boyfriend always says that he loves my hair. I guess I hide the 10 years of thinning pretty well. He doesn't know my hair is thinning. I don'tut think I can tell him because even though he doesn't only like me for my looks, I think looks do matter a lot to him (he is really attractive and has extremely thick hair, I'm so jealous I can't stand it), and I don't think he would want to be with me if he knew. But then I know that one day I won't be able to hide it anymore. It probably won't work out with him anyway because he cares too much about physical appearances.

But for the future, I'm really worried: Do people fall in love with women that they already know are balding?

Please, share any uplifting stories if you have them!
  2. thinhair1

thinhair1 New Member

Yes moonboat, people will fall in love with you. My now-husband met me when I was 32 and in the middle of the worst of it all. I was totally devastated and hadn't figured out what to do with myself. What's amazing is that he not only was able to overlook the thin hair, but also my horrible depressed state of mind. BTW he's super-cute too (a much more "beautiful person" on the outside than I am) but just has a heart of gold. He's been there for me through it all and just supports me. Honestly I was absolutely DEVASTATED and depressed until I got my topper. It gave me my life back. I only buy 100% remy human hair. They're really quite affordable.