Joan Rivers..Great hair day

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Solutions' started by andiew, May 25, 2011.

1. andiew

andiew New Member

has anyone tried the joan rivers great hair day fill in powder? i use to do this on my own with non shiny eyeshadow matched up to the colour of my hair. but this stuff is supposta stay on a lot better and be waterproof! sigh...it would be so nice to go swimming again and get my head wet...it's been years :(
  2. andiew

andiew New Member

i just got my 2 packs for around $50 including taxes and shipping. the packaging is kinda chintsy...the mirror fell off the compact as soon as i opened it. it seems to work ok...no better results then what i got from eyeshadow or loose face powder though.
  3. Sukhi

Sukhi New Member

considering it

I want to start swimming and am wondering if this stuff is as good as it says. Does it really stay on through swimming? I would be worried it would start dripping.

Thanks.
  4. andiew

andiew New Member

i'm still not brave enough to go swimming...not enough hair :(
    however it does seem to stay put until you wash it out.
  5. Sukhi

Sukhi New Member

Hi AndieW.

I would not say that I have a whole lot of hair that would cover up my scalp, but just enough to either wear toppers or use concealers. I actually would be wearing a swimming cap as I am really not comfortable about showing any bald areas to the public.

I am considering the Joan Rivers product when leaving the pool. I'm 5 minutes from the pool, so I would much rather shower at home. It would be from the time I leave the pool to when I arrive at home. I don't want to damage my topper while swimming.

I guess I should order it and try it out at home and see how well it stands against water without shampoo. :)
  6. GW07626

GW07626 New Member

can you use these products if you are also using Rogaine type medicines? Do you have to wash it off twice a day?

Also this seems expensive, do they have some kind of pencils or sticks to color the areas around the parts? Brown hair color.