Just started Rogaine - Need help with application

Discussion in 'Rogaine (Minoxidil)' started by Badeb, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Badeb

Badeb New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and so glad to find it. My derm recommended I go on Rogaine 5% morning and evening in addition to taking ferritin. I just started the Rogaine two days ago and am sure I must be doing something totally wrong. I am using the solution but have just ordered the foam in hopes it will be easier for me. I have diffuse hair loss, not patches or blotchy. Even though I part my hair down the middle and then crossways several times and use the dropper, I am using SO much of it. Also, my hair is gloppy and shiny with the stuff. I had to skip work yesterday because my hair looked so awful. I could't even dry it with a blow dryer. My question is, can I apply it right after washing and towel drying my hair and then blow dry my hair? There is no way I can avoid getting it in my hair near my roots and because I need to cover such a large area, my hair for at least an inch from my roots is gloppy and stiff and shiny for several hours. Please Help!

Thanks so much!
  2. Cassy

Cassy Member

Use the foam. Fill the cap with the foam, part you hair, dip a paint brush in the foam, "paint" down the part. Use as much as you need to cover your whole head. You can get away with using the rogaine 5% only 1x a day. Use a watercolor brush as they are softer about a size 10.