Laser Hair Therapies

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Piyu, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Rjade829

Rjade829 New Member

JEANNERN1, which laser helmet are you using? I figured it was worth a shot, so I bought the Theradome laser helmet (back when they first started their fundraising campaign, so I got it on a massive discount) and have currently completed 16 treatments. I use it as recommended: twice a week for 20 minutes each time. I haven't seen regrowth yet but I know it's not supposed to come for at least 4-6 months (if it all...). I do think shedding has decreased slightly, but it's hard to tell. I don't know if I should increase treatments to every other day or just stick with the FDA-approved 2x/week. What were the instructions for your type of helmet?

Tina
  2. Dominique

Dominique Member

Hello Ladies- I ordered the Theradome Laser helmet and received it this Tuesday (2/25). I immediately charged it and then took my first treatment the next day. I researched home laser therapy and especially the I-grow cap and the Theradome helmet prior to buying my unit. I chose the T. helmet because it had more lasers than the I -grow and the helmet looked as if it would cover my bang area and my temples better than the I -grow. those are areas where I am definitely thinning out, so I wanted the laser light to reach there. I also read that you can continue any treatments you are already using, ie Rogaine as long as your hair is freshly washed and dry, but with no hair products on it before tx. I found the helmet to be a bit heavy for my head and I needed to stay aware that I was wearing it in order to keep it balanced and on my head during tx. Now I have a fairly small head for a woman and I have baby fine thin hair so it might fit another woman better. I also noted a little heat/warmth toward the end of the tx. but not enough to distress me. So I plan to use it 2x/week per their directions and see what happens. I might add that the rubber prongs used to separate your hair to allow the laser light into the scalp was a little uncomfortable for me. I also lost a hair or two when I removed it after tx. I think that my hair is just so fine and fragile that it broke off from having the helmet on, it wasn't a shed. But I am a little concerned about possibly having a shed due to using it so I will be watching closely for that- I really don't have the hair to spare for another shed after the big shed I had after starting Rogaine. this may not work for me but it was worth a try!! wish me luck - I will post any results that I have-good or bad!!!!
  3. Linwt

Linwt New Member

how is the laser working for you?

i started using mine around the same time, but my hair looks and feels even more sparse. I'm also using anti dht natural shampoos and lotions.

aQUOTE=Dominique;14914]Hello Ladies- I ordered the Theradome Laser helmet and received it this Tuesday (2/25). I immediately charged it and then took my first treatment the next day. I researched home laser therapy and especially the I-grow cap and the Theradome helmet prior to buying my unit. I chose the T. helmet because it had more lasers than the I -grow and the helmet looked as if it would cover my bang area and my temples better than the I -grow. those are areas where I am definitely thinning out, so I wanted the laser light to reach there. I also read that you can continue any treatments you are already using, ie Rogaine as long as your hair is freshly washed and dry, but with no hair products on it before tx. I found the helmet to be a bit heavy for my head and I needed to stay aware that I was wearing it in order to keep it balanced and on my head during tx. Now I have a fairly small head for a woman and I have baby fine thin hair so it might fit another woman better. I also noted a little heat/warmth toward the end of the tx. but not enough to distress me. So I plan to use it 2x/week per their directions and see what happens. I might add that the rubber prongs used to separate your hair to allow the laser light into the scalp was a little uncomfortable for me. I also lost a hair or two when I removed it after tx. I think that my hair is just so fine and fragile that it broke off from having the helmet on, it wasn't a shed. But I am a little concerned about possibly having a shed due to using it so I will be watching closely for that- I really don't have the hair to spare for another shed after the big shed I had after starting Rogaine. this may not work for me but it was worth a try!! wish me luck - I will post any results that I have-good or bad!!!![/QUOTE]
  4. RichardStrickland

RichardStrickland New Member

Now a days this therapy is become very popular, it beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. There is pigment in the follicles which destroy the hair. You have to take certain precaution during laser hair therapies.