Minoxidil Curse!!

Discussion in 'Rogaine (Minoxidil)' started by deepti, Oct 17, 2013.

1. deepti

deepti New Member

Hi everyone!
    Here is my story.
    I am 22 years old. Was put on minoxidil 2% last December to cure the hairloss which I was experiencing in the crown area of my head. I continued to use it everyday at night for some 4-5 months. Along with that I was taking biotin capsules everyday. It actually worked wonders to my hair. My hairfall stopped. Totally. So I discontinued it. And that's where probably I made the mistake.
    Since late September i have again started experiencing a lot more hairfall than I have had ever before. I am losing my hair to the count of 600 strands after every wash. I am freaking out. Don't want to go back to minoxidil since what I figure out it is not to be discontinued once started.

went to see another dermatologist. She prescribed me proanagen tablets and anastim concentrate. I tried to google these but Cudnt get much reviews on both.

Please share your experiences, reviews,comments.
    This is a frantic call for help!!!
  2. Kip

Kip New Member

I'm so sorry you are going through this at such a young age.

The good news is that the rogaine helped but it is just a treatment not a cure. So you will have to continue it. Have you tried to start back on it? I suggest you go back on it and be very patient with it. You will continue to shed and maybe even more than you do now until things settle down. Be sure to take 10,000 mcg of bioton a day. It is very sad but when it comes to hair loss dermatologists are proving they know no more about hair loss than we girls on this site perhaps even less than us. I wish you the very best