My Hair Loss...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by epena_123, Feb 26, 2013.

1. epena_123

epena_123 New Member

I'm 19 years old, I started noticing my hair thinning when i was about 16 years old. I never did anything about it because i thought it would stop. At the age of 18 it got worst! And now ive lost a lot of my hair. I went a little over 2 years using hair extentons, clip ons and glue ons. I did anything possible to cover my hair loss. Over time its been getting a little more difficult to cover it because i dont have as much hair as i used to to give the extentions something to hold on to. 2 years ago my doctor diagnosed me with PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome), she only put me on birth control and i never did anything alse about it. Recently i have been seeing a dermatologist, I had my first steroid scalp injections done today. I will be getting my second ones in 5 weeks.

Being in this situation is very dificult, none of my friends or close family have seen me the way my hair looks with out hair extentions, only my mother has. I really hope these injections FINALLY WORKS and my hair grows a little. I always wonder why god does the things he does, but i have NOT lost HOPE!!! :D
  2. shasha1

shasha1 Member

Nice to see you are continuing to look for solutions. You are so young and I'm sure this is very difficult at this age. I was also sitting here wondering why god would do something like this. It makes you feel so out of place in society when you see girls with the hair still on their head. Because this is a slow progressing disease (and YES it is a disease!!!) it's more torturous. Sometimes I wish that all the hair comes out at once (pull the band-aid off quickly) Please keep us posted on the scalp injections. What kind of injections are you getting?
  3. epena_123

epena_123 New Member

Yes it is very difficult. I know evey other woman going thought the same thing understands how hard it is. OF COURSEEEE, i look at other girls beautiful longgggg hair and it makes me sooo jelousss that they have the HAIRRR that i wish i HAD!!!!!! It makes me think If im ever going to have hair like that again. I'm not exactly sure what there called or anything but my dermatologist told me their staroid injections for my scalp. She also prescribed me a scalp lotion that I'm supposed to rub on my scalp every night and its supposed to help.
  4. Julia David

Julia David Member

Native Americans use saw palmetto to promote healthy hair and skin. Saw palmetto also blocks the production of DHT (a metabolite of testosterone), a contributing factor to enlarging of the prostate. Because DHT production also causes hair loss, saw palmetto has been shown in some small studies to be effective for preventing hair loss in some men.
    Your mother told you they were good for you, but you may not know that they are good for your hair, too. Add some extra milligrams of these vitamins to your daily regimen:
    Vitamin A: Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant, which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp. Sweet Potatoes are loaded with beta carotene - rich in Vit A not only promotes a healthy scalp but promotes hair growth.
    Omega-3: Take Omega-3 fatty acids. Foods rich in Omega-3 are fatty fish, egg yolks, fish eggs (caviar) and milk.
    Vitamin E: This vitamin stimulates circulation, and good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping your hair follicles productive.
    B vitamins: The B vitamins help your body produce melanin, which gives hair its healthy color. Melanin also stimulates blood circulation.