need help in Long island ( NY )

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Friendly Stylists' started by batgirl2, Oct 2, 2012.

1. batgirl2

batgirl2 New Member

Im so frustrated finding a stylist/salon that really has experience with hair loss. I've had a few decent haircuts in the past but now its time to do something different or give up and get a hair piece. I have no flair with scarves or headbands, and the only place I found for wigs or toppers is way out of my budget! If any one has a suggestion I live in suffolk county and cant travel into NYC....thanks:(
  2. shynapradeesh

shynapradeesh New Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. shynapradeesh

shynapradeesh New Member

4. batgirl2

batgirl2 New Member

thanks but I couldnt find the link and of all the "best salons on long island" from google no one specifies womens hair loss...I've wasted alot of time and money going to places that claimed on the phone they could help me.
  5. quasible

quasible New Member

Have you tried Riviera Hair Replacement in Syossett?
  6. batgirl2

batgirl2 New Member

yes I went to them years ago and was told I'm not a good candidate because my hair loss iss all over and I wont have enough donor hair in the back of my head....very disapointing
  7. quasible

quasible New Member

Are you looking for hair transplants or a wig/hairpiece?
  8. quasible

quasible New Member

are you looking for hair transplant or a wig/hairpiece
  9. batgirl2

batgirl2 New Member

hair piece for now.... I was told a few years ago I'm not a good candidate for a transplant b/c hair is thin all over
  10. quasible

quasible New Member

I have been to Riviera, I do not think they do transplants. Only wigs and pieces. Really nice people.
  11. Rusty1982

Rusty1982 New Member

I am also from Suffolk county and have been through the same thing. Super expensive salons that claim they can help but they never do. My hair loss has taken over my life and I can't take it anymore. Have you found anyone on the island that knows what they are doing yet?