Neem Oil

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Infinity, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Infinity

Infinity Member

I just purchased a bottle of Neem oil, and I don't know what to do with it. I rubbed some on my bald spot last night, and I must tell you, it smells bad.
    Anyone ever use this? How? Results?
    Thank you!

Infintiy
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. weewee

weewee New Member

Neem oil can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying, where loss of hair or loss of color is caused by imbalances and health issues, rather than normal aging. (Sorry, even neem oil won't stop the aging process...)

I guess that if your hairloss is related to androgenic alopecia (female pattern baldness) the neem won't help grow hair.:confused:
  3. saniaa83

saniaa83 New Member

Traditional Indian hair beauty treatments use neem leaf.

A watery extract, basically a tea made from neem leaves, is used as a rinse to prevent hair loss, and neem leaf pastes are used like conditioning packs. Those neem hair treatments soothe any irritations, prevent dryness and flaking, nourish the scalp and improve its general immunity and health. Exactly as they do for the skin on the rest of your body.
    People who have already tried everything to help their thinning, dry hair are besides themselves when seeing the immediate improvements after using neem oil hair products.
  4. berry15

berry15 New Member

Neem oil is just a oil to apply for making the hairs thick and strengthening them. It doesn't help in baldness. There are various other product which help in regrowing hairs. You can buy medicines from online pharmacy where you'll get varieties of medicines and ointment for helping you remove baldness. Medstorerx is one such place from where you can order one.
  5. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Member

I have been reading up on this and been wanting to try it myself, let me know what you think of it! I did hear it smells bad. I also use tea tree and jojoba oil, but I have a really dry scalp!
  6. Infinity

Infinity Member

Neem reply

Let me tell you, it smells like burnt walnut shells. :eek: Don't ask how I would know what that would smell like, that's just my assessment. It's hideous. You may tolerate it better, though.
  7. JEANNERN1

JEANNERN1 New Member

Hi rberezewski, just curious. Do you use Novuhair? If so, can you elaborate your results? Thanks :)
  8. Reha

Reha Member

Neem oil will nourish your hair. Apply before going to bed and rinse with shampoo next morning.
  9. Julia David

Julia David Member

Neem oil, the oil pressed from the seeds of the neem tree, is the most widely known and used neem product.

Well, at least in the western world it is. Indians, of course, have known and used all parts of the neem tree for thousands of years...

Neem oil has many different uses and benefits...

* A natural insect repellent
    * A safe pesticide
    * A fertilizer
    * A skin care ingredient
    * A contraceptive
    * A medicine with hundreds of different uses...

It makes your bathroom tiles sparkle and adds flavour to exotic stir frys.