New ... could use advice

Discussion in 'You've Got My Support' started by Sabs, May 1, 2014.

1. Sabs

Sabs New Member

Hello. I'm new here. I've been reading posts for a couple weeks and finally got registered.

I've had thinning hair for a while. Probably 3-4 years. Recently I've noticed more of my scalp poking through. I don't have major sheds that other people have talked about. I did notice some shedding quite some time ago. But now, I barely have any shedding. I think my hair just isn't growing back.

I haven't been formally diagnosed with TE or Alopecia or anything specific.

At this point, I've been to my regular doc (who did NOTHING). I went to a Natruopath and she did a ton of blood work. Thyroid all normal. Iron levels normal. Ferritin was a 63. I just found that out today. After reading on here the importance of Ferritin levels, I called today to get my level.

My NP recommended the following and I've been taking them for a few weeks: Biotin, Evening Primrose Oil and Choline.

I think I'm going to add Lysine and either Ferrous ferrate or ferrous sulfate. Would you recommend one over the other? I've read about both on this site, but am not sure which is better or if it's just personal.

Anything else you can think of that I should try and ask my ND. I'm going back in a few weeks to redo some blood work.

Thanks all!