Ordeal as in spiritual growth

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by Cassandra, May 7, 2009.

1. Cassandra

Cassandra New Member

51. O SON OF MAN!

My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy. Hasten thereunto that thou mayest become an eternal light and an immortal spirit. This is My command unto thee, do thou observe it.

Bahá'u'llah- Hidden Words

I wanted to share with you this wisdom from Bahá'u'llah, the founder of the bahá'i-faith. This is something that has given me light and reminded me that all our sufferings has a deeper meaning. The true nature of our troubles, our ordeals is growth and as so beautifully said above: "thou mayest become an eternal light and an immortal spirit". And that is saying a lot. Hardships are actually gifts which we should rejoice and thank God for. With suffering we will become more humble, purifie our soul and have chance to come closer to God.

53. O SON OF BEING!

If poverty overtake thee, be not sad; for in time the Lord of wealth shall visit thee. Fear not abasement, for glory shall one day rest on thee.

With every triumph we'll eventually meet some crisis and this means that we are moving forward. Without ordeals we couldn't grow and a triumph is the fruit of that ordeal we have overcome. So we should not fear, for it's all with meaning.
  2. Julia David

Julia David Member

Many people aspire to live what we can call a spiritual life. They would never consider it so, nor express it accordingly. Yet, they're on a spiritual journey. Their life reflects the stages of spiritual growth. Their actions express the basic nature of a popular definition of spirituality.

The issue is a complex one. Religious leaders and scientists have stepped into the debate. They're attempting to clarify what they see as the meaning and the effect, if any. Medical professionals sit on both sides of the fence. Many, alternative and conventional, now believe some connection between being healthy and spirituality does exist.