PCOS and 5 Years of Hair Loss, but I see Improvement...

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by CBee, Aug 4, 2014.

1. CBee

CBee New Member

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with PCOS and experienced hair loss...

I'm currently in my fifth year of hair loss and was finally diagnosed with PCOS very recently- 1.5 weeks ago. Over the course of 5 years, I think I've tried everything short of PRP. I've had steroid scalp injections, taken steroids orally, been on birth control, went off birth control, tried Viviscal and other hair vitamins, tried iron, LLLT, Theradome etc.

Though the hair loss would slow at times, it never stopped and I never regained what I lost. Everything seemed fine until last October when I came off of Yaz and by December my hair was coming out in clumps. This crazy shed finally seemed to slow down as soon as I got on Metformin. It's probably too early to tell, but just in the last 1.5 weeks since starting Metformin, my hair loss has almost stopped. I don't want to jinx it... But I want to tell people what is working for me at the moment. Currently I'm only taken the 500 mg dose of Metformin with the intention of doubling soon, but it does cause some stomach issues so they say to go slow, I'm also on Ortho TriCyclen, Sprio (200), a prenatal, a b complex, iron, hair vitamin with the marine shark stuff (like viviscal), and something called pregnitude. I'm about a month into my second year of professional LLLT, which also may be helping, but when I did it before I didn't notice results until the end of the year long program.

Anyway, I'm praying that this combo is the key and that I cracked this 5 year mystery. I'm only 25 and want to hold onto my hair as long as I can. Please let me know if you have any similar experiences.