Plan B hair loss?

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by Layla, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Layla

Layla New Member

Last week I had rather impromptu sex, we used a condom but of course with my luck- it broke. I have AGA (I'm on spiro), so I knew as I was chugging back the plan B tablet that the levonorgestrel was going to screw me over and I could say "bye-bye" to the hair at my temples and front.

My question: Have other women experienced a shed after taking Plan B? How drastic, and how long did it last?

Side note: I know they tell you to be on birth control when on spiro because of birth defects, but I'm always an emotional basket case with bc. And there wasn't a guy I was interested in at the time so I didn't think it would be an issue. plus, we did use rubbers...sigh.

Oh and we went and got Plan B right after we realised what happened. So my chances of getting pregnant are thankfully quite slim.
  2. Jiffer

Jiffer New Member

Going thru this right now-help?

Hi Layla,
    I am going through right now what you describe in this post. I have to take Plan b early JUly (I'm also on Spiro for androgen excess) and starting August 1st and losing more hair than I have in 11 years:(

So I am wondering how long did it take for the Plan B hairloss to stop for you?? Thank you
  3. Jiffer

Jiffer New Member

Update please :)

Hey Layla,
    Sorry to bug you again with this and it looks like you don't post her anymore, so maybe that's a good sign, but I would be ever so grateful if you could update about the plan b hairloss. I am going strong with hairloss in to the third month, in addition my periods seem to be messed up. I read some things on the internet that don't give me much hope. Help!!!!!
    Thank you
  4. Julia David

Julia David Member

Hair loss is a very common problem among people. In most cases abnormal loosing of hair is a sign of health problems. What is abnormal loosing of hair? Do not panic if you loose from 50 to 100 hair per day – this is normal. If you clearly lose more or you see hairless spots on your head – see your doctor.

So 50-100 strands of hair loss is totally normal and in limits, but if you still want to have stronger hair against hair loss, i advice you to check the following web page, where you can find recent best 10 shampoos that help you to recover from your hair loss problem and they are really great.