Please help: no regrowth at all in 4 month with TE

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Nikky, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Nikky

Nikky New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to posting but I've been reading posts for months now.

Quick question: I was diagnosed with TE in December and experiencing the shedding 1-2 months prior. I'm over 50% loss and desperate. I have seen no regrowth at all. None. Should I be worried that this is something other than TE? Should I push for a scalp biopsy? I'm fearful I've waited too long and the dahe is irreversible. Please, please weigh in! I'm 29, slight hypothyroid and all other blood tests came back fine. Ferretin a bit low of the normal range (30). My scalp has a few red areas, off and on dandruff but my thick crazy hair is gone. I see huge diffusion on the sides, front and crown.

Gladly taking feedback!!!
    Please help
  2. twinmom

twinmom Member

wow you and i are going through the exact same thing. its like one day i had hair now its just dead and falling out :( did anything happen before it started shedding? like poor diet, stressful situation, surgery? for myself i had poor diet(low ferritin7) lack sleep and awful stress. so im not sure how much is from that vs my age 42 and hormonal or genetic causes? btw ferritin30 is still low. from what ive read it needs to ne 70-100 for a few months for shedding to stop and regrowth.
    its devastating i totally understand. i dread every morning washing styling my hair i feel afraid and numb because i see all the hair come out and the texture of my hair is so odd almost dead like dry. as if i had burned it styling which i baby my hair and use no heat.
    its so hard dealing with this and at times i feel so angry! it doesnt seem fair :(
    just my opinion but try and get your ferritin up higher and see if it works. best of luck
  3. Nikky

Nikky New Member

I'm so grateful for your reply! How do you cope with no regrowth? Is the hardest thing next to the dredded shedding?? Thank you for your response. I couldn't agree more!
  4. twinmom

twinmom Member

honestly some days i dont cope well at all. the worst part is my nerves are bad and the stress of worrying about this has made me so irritable unhappy and just not myself. i spent 1000. on a hair system which is a clip in cap with hair but i dont have it yet. im hoping i like it once i get it so it helps me feel a bit more positive about life and take the focus off my own hair a bit. this honestly is the worst thing ive ever dealt with.
  5. Dominique

Dominique Member

hair growth takes a long time and if it is in the resting mode, then 6 months is not uncommon to wait for any sign of growth-but twinmom, ferritin at 7? that's almost nonexistent and yes, at least 70 to grow hair. I am at 64 and struggling to get it higher. by the way I tried to post back to you last night and was told my post was too large and needed to be only 1000 characters(1/4 of my original post) I cut it down but I don't think you got it. anyway be careful with the hair system, if there is clips they can damage your bio hair. that's why I chose wigs. Ladies, keep your strength and your hopes up, we have a long road ahead of us to improved hair.
  6. twinmom

twinmom Member

hi dominique
    i did worry about the clips the lady told me to part my hair zigzag so it grabs different hair each time. im not sure ill use it all the time it really depends how much more hair i lose.
    i just bought ironsmart liquid iron that elisabeth mentioned. check out the website if youd like. it says its way better absorbed than the capsule ferritin fumerous.
    yes 7 (august)was low. yet i wasnt anemic which i find odd. a month ago it was 32(jan). im praying the shedding slows down even short hairs are falling out. i dread doing my hair kn the mornings :(
  7. Dominique

Dominique Member

good morning TwinMom- I hope that method works but I know that my hair would break after one time, its so fragile and fine. I am going slow on increasing my ferritin level, I am at 64 and am afraid of overload which causes even more problems. I have really changed my eating habits to get this far. I didn't eat much meat, now I force my self to eat it at least twice a day for the iron and better protein it gives. I also use the Rogaine -Proscar- HRT and many vitamins. It all seems to help but none of it can stand alone and be a magic wand to stop my hair loss. So last night I decided to add the one last thing I could find out about that might help. Theradome laser helmet, hope to get it next week. I will post monthly regarding it. thanks for responding, did you ever find the post of my hair loss that I sent to you? How did yours start? also Estrogen /propecia/proscar/rogaine , are you using any of those to slow down the shedding?