Pls help: Which AVEDA out of the 122? all advice appreciated!!!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by unwritten, Mar 18, 2012.

1. unwritten

unwritten New Member

Sorry if this is annoying but it seems I'm reading a lot of great things about aveda which I'm going to buy (instead of Nioxin) but which one? They have one for thinning hair: invati™ exfoliating shampoo, invati™ thickening conditioner, and invati™ scalp revitalizer (THE REVITALIZER IS $60m SO HAS ANYONE USED IT?)

Aveda also has

2. Tracy C

Tracy C New Member

Hi unwritten,

Their products are really expensive. To be honest, there is only one shampoo that has any legitimate clinical evidence behind it to show it may be helpfull for treating hereditary hair loss - and it's not Aveda or Nioxin. It's Nizoral. Your money is better spent seeing a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. The most important part of treating a woman's hair loss is to identify the cause and determine if that cause can be treated. Once the cause is treated and resolved, your hair will grow back.

If your hair loss is hereditary, Rogaine is the apporpiate treatment and it works. Nizoral is a good adjunct treatment to use along with Rogaine. You can use any volumizing shampoos you like when treating hereditary hair loss. But you don't have to spend a lot of money for volumizing hair care products.

Here are some links for you. Please take the time to read them. The more you know the more you can help yourelf.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/causes_of_hair_loss.asp

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/treatment.asp

Take care,

Tracy
  3. Amanda31

Amanda31 New Member

Love Aveda

Hey Unwritten!!

I love Aveda because it's 97% naturally derived ingredients and it's very gentle on the hair. It's lightweight and rinses beautifully. I use the PurAbundance Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Clay Conditioner. It adds a bit of volume to my hair and leaves it feeling great. It does not re grow hair, or help with hair loss so that's important to note. If you are looking for a great shampoo that's kind to thin hair, I would definitely recommend it. I haven't tried the other formulas you listed because I really like the one I'm using, but I do use their facial cleansers and love those too.

Good luck! If you decide to try the Aveda shampoos, I think you will be very happy with them :)
  4. Catie

Catie New Member

Hi There,

I am currently using the Aveda invati shampoo and conditioner, and while I don't think it helps with hair loss, it's the only shampoo I've found that is both gentle and makes your hair look as good as possible.

Often natural shampoos leave my hair feeling dirty or just unmanageable, but this one makes it feel nice. So I would recommend it, but just make sure to have realistic expectations about the effect a shampoo can have on hair loss. With TE especially, the cause is probably internal, so external remedies such as shampoo don't make a huge difference. Hope this helps!
  5. erin7111

erin7111 New Member

My sister uses the Invati line. It is not FDA approved for regrowth. I have often thought of buying the conditioner though to soothe my scalp. (I use Rogaine 5% daily..not too many problems but my scalp is a bit dry). She likes it anyway but as Tracy C says it is not FDA approved for regrowth and is expensive. I'd save money and get the Nizoral.