Really sad tonight

Discussion in 'You've Got My Support' started by Lana422, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Lana422

Lana422 New Member

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting on the site although I have been reading for a long time. Some background: I'm 23 and have been dealing w hair loss for 4 years now. I used to have the most beautiful thick long hair and began losing it at 19 after a bout of serious forced weight loss. I recovered from the rating disorder a year later but the telogen effluvium stuck around for about another two years. I lost about 60-70% of my hair. At the same time, at 19, I got a bald spot on the back of my head the size of a golf ball. I would later find out it was alopecia. Anyway I had cortisone shots and that grew back I about a year. I felt great and had gained back all the weight and was super healthy. I was home free till I turned 22 and found another on my birthday. I did the same thing and went through the cortisone shots and it grew back by this past July 2013. And of course you might guess why I'm here: I found another one tonight. I'm feeling so f**king frustrated. It's like just when you get your confidence back, it's gone again in an instant. I'm single for the first time in a long time and I just started my first job. I'm so scared of what the future has in store and I'm so worried that this is going to get worse. My hair isn't thick anymore so the spots are getting so hard to cover up. No one else understands. I told my best friend and she said, "don't worry I think it looks normal!" Like wtf kind of answer is that. I guess I'm just looking for some support from women who understand.
  2. Lana422

Lana422 New Member

Please help :(
  3. missygal

missygal New Member

you're not alone

I'm feeling the same way tonight so you are not alone. I've been facing hair loss for over a decade but as the years go by my hair looks worse and last year I started wearing wigs on my leisure time. I hope to one day not have this be my biggest issue and maybe getting more support would help which is why I turned to this site today. I hope you feel better and we both eventually get over this challenge in our lives.
  4. Lana422

Lana422 New Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time. It sucks because I didn't notice this yesterday but now that I have it's all I can think about at work and it feels like everyone is looking at it but I know it's all in my head. How do you get out of your own head?
  5. twinmom

twinmom Member

Hi Lana I just wanted to send you a hug and tell you I totally get what you're going thru. I've had so much anger over my hairloss. I've tried so much and I feel my body's failed me in this area. It's something we have little control over especially with TE unless you find what's triggering it. Would you consider a topper to try out? It would give you more volume while your TE subsides and your hair regrows. Hope you find something that helps and there's lots of women here that understand :)