Rogaine and Frustrating DR appointment

Discussion in 'Rogaine (Minoxidil)' started by Nix, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Nix

Nix New Member

Hi All,

I was finally able to get in to see a dermatologist. He went over my labs, family history and what not. Then he said he was going to perscribe mens rogaine, 5% solution (foam not available in canada). He said to use it for a few months until my hair comes in, and then stop using it. I thought it had to be used forever? Now I feel that I wasted my money and I'm sad. I dont know if I should bother trying?

What made it worse was that the pharmacy tech yelled out "you're using rogaine? Your a woman!" Way to make me feel good about myself. I went back to my car and cried for about 10 min :(

I am at such a loss. I am so worried that since my fiancee left me (for a younger girl with great hair btw) that no one will give me the time of day because of my hair loss. I hope some one out there can give me some hope or insight.

Thanks
  2. Tracy C

Tracy C New Member

Hi Nix,

It is not always necessary to use Rogaine for life. Yes, most of the time it is necessary but not always. Your doctor has probably determined that your hair loss is likely temporary, which is actually a good thing if that is the case.

That pharmacy tech was a jerk though. That was very unprofessional. It might be a good idea to let the manager know about that

Take care,

Tracy