saw palmetto success? and is hair dryness as a result?

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by ventedan, May 22, 2010.

1. ventedan

ventedan New Member

Hi gals! I've been diagnosed with PCOS and as a result extreme hair loss... was taking spiro but because so ill (respiratory-wise) time and again so I went after the natural route of saw palmetto, borage oil, and L-Carnitine. It seemed to be much better but now the last several days have been not to hot... Does anyone have any feedback on saw palmetto? It's been 3 months that I've been on this regime. How long before I can feel better about this?

Also, my hair is like straw!!! Has anyone else experienced this? So incredibly dry and I do all the obvious... deep conditioning.. no hair dryer. yadie yada... Is there a reason related to PCOS for having such terribly dry hair?

Thanks so much!
  2. ventedan

ventedan New Member

*bump*....
  3. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue New Member

I have hair loss due to Thyroid disease. My hair has turned into straw also. Nothing i've done has helped to make it better. I tried tons of different shampoos and conditioners, and have had deep conditioning treatments done at the salon. It will work a little for a few days, and then my hair turns into straw again.

I believe my Thyroid issues are the root cause of this, because i never had dry hair until i got sick. So i guess i'm just stuck having this horrible hair now. The worst part is that it's impossible to get it to look good, and it feels absolutely awful. I've talked to other women who have experienced the same problem, and like me, can't find anything to help. Trust me, i understand the frustration you have. It's awful :-(