Spironolactone and Folic Acid

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Blessings, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Blessings

Blessings New Member

Hi Ladies,

A few years ago I began to loose a lot of hair. I had all over loss, but especially in the very front. It began to be impossible to have bangs, just not enough hair there. The hair loss was one more symptom to add to the list of bad acne, weight gain, scalp smell (even immediately after shampooing) etc. I went to several docs that just blew it off. Finally I found out that it was symptoms of PCOS and the hair loss was caused by to much androgens being produced by my ovaries.

To make a long story short I began to take 200mg of Spironolactone. 100mg morning and night. And that helped to stop hair loss but did not seem to help regrow that much. Then I started taking 800mcg of Folic Acid a day. That was the right combo for me. The Spiro keeps my face and body free and clear from acne and the Folic Acid helped regrow scalp hair. If I miss a few days of the folic acid my hair begins to fall out heavily. So I know it is the folic acid.

That is my story, I hope it helps you all:). Blessings.
  2. Lyric

Lyric New Member

Hi Blessings,

I am so glad this has helped you. Maybe I need to have my spiro and folic acid dosage upped. I seemed to remember reading somewhere that too much folic acid could cause hair loss but I'm going to do some more research. I know different things work for different people but I would love it if I could find something that worked for me too.

Keep us updated, o.k. ?
  3. NoraBe

NoraBe New Member

spiro

how long taking spiro did u notice you stopped shedding?
  4. sherrybalesteros

sherrybalesteros New Member

Did Spironolactone really worked for you? How long did you use it before you noticed any change?