Telogen Effluvium again !!! But it does get better :)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Irishgurl, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Irishgurl

Irishgurl New Member

Hi all im new here :) i just wanted to share my story of TE. For anyone that has got TE for first time and dont know what to expect. I first developed TE as a teen back in 2011, i am a recovered anorexic which was the cause of my first horrific bout of TE. I lost around 70% of my hair bu i think thats because i didnt remove the trigger of my TE for one whole year ! I actally began wearing a wig as my naturally crazy thick hair became limp and lifeless :( but when i started eatting again ( and i chopped all my limp long hair right up to my neck) my hair grew like crazyyy. Within 3 months all my family and friends kept asking did i have extensions in my hair ( im guessing because of the new thickness rather than length) but i didnt ! I know it can be really frustrating to hear it can take up to a year for your hair to thicken again but mines took half that time to get ( almost) back to what it once was :) infact i think it came back thicker ! I actally had to get it thinned ! This time due to coming of BC pills. I can see my dear old friend (not!) TE rearing its ugly head again :( my sides and hairline seem to be the worst and i just hope it stops soon . and to think i had it thinned just 2 months ago :( :( ! All i know is that 1. I wont go bald altho i keep telling myself i will. 2. It doesnt last forever as i know from personal experience 3. Altho it can take people alot longer for their hair to get thicker again honestly it took mines a short period of time i dont know maybe TE from eating disorders is differnt from other triggers or ive just been blessed with hair that grows thick and fast! But just know that it does grow back it does grow back just as thick as your natural hair and before you know it, your TE will just be a horrid memory :) take care and i hope i helped anyone thats dealing with this. Im on sameboat just awaiting my recovery :)
  2. Lisa Learner

Lisa Learner New Member

OMG I am SOOO thrilled for you. I know how it feels. Stay strong girl :) Many people that start to turn their eating disorders around find that their bodies rebound remarkably. Please keep us updated!!!
  3. Irishgurl

Irishgurl New Member

4. Irishgurl

Irishgurl New Member

Thanks for the replay :) I will defo post any updates good r bad ! :) i have been recovered for a few years with no relapse:) i know what you mean after just a week i looked and felt like a different person almost ! Hope all is well
  5. Lisa Learner

Lisa Learner New Member

Keep it up! I struggled with the same thing and I agree. My hair, nails and skin all came to life. Two years for me now with no relapse!
  6. Irishgurl

Irishgurl New Member

Thats amasing well done :):) i just hope my hair doesnt get as thin this time :( or if it does i hope it recovers as quickly :)
  7. dream1649

dream1649 New Member

What special diet are you going? I am losing a lot of my hair since Nov 2014.
    I would like to know what you are going.
  8. Irishgurl

Irishgurl New Member

Hi sorry to hear that im on no speical diet just try not to eat take aways chocolate crisps ect n eat more healthy nutritional foods like homemade soups pastas homemade stew chicken and veg ect. Mi hair seemed to grow back alot quicker once i introduced red meat into my diet ( im also a past vegetarian)