Too embarrassed to ask...

Discussion in 'Looking For Advice (my story)' started by PlainJane, Feb 4, 2010.

1. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

I am very healthy and happy but I also happen to be hairless...south of the belt! I started losing my pubic hair in my late 40s and at 55 have gone totally Brazilian (naturally). I talked to both my gynecologist and general practioner who did some tests and determined I was "fine". I have no thyroid problems, undue stress or any nutritional issues. Both doctors told me I was lucky to have what some women pay a lot of money to get. Unfortunately, I HATE IT and so does my boyfriend!! I find it totally humiliating and wondered if anyone else has experienced this ridiculous phenomenon? What kind of doctor can help me? I am too humiliated to make random appointments with dermatologists or endocrinologists. Can anyone offer me advise? Is there any hope that the hair loss is reversible?
  2. jay

jay New Member

hi - i know nothing about your probolem but you could try asking one of the doctors on allexperts.com .... it's free. hope that helps :)
  3. Corinne13106

Corinne13106 New Member

That's very interesting since it doesn't sound like you've noticed any other hair loss. I have lost all my hair, everywhere, so I know what you're going through. Have you noticed any other thinning or unusual loss?
  4. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

No other issues

I really haven't noticed any other hair loss. That's what's so weird about it. I am so sorry to hear that other women have lost all their hair. It's so unfair isn't it? Seems so random and senseless. I keep feeling like I am some kind of freak.
  5. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

I'll try it - thanks!
  6. Corinne13106

Corinne13106 New Member

I completely understand your feelings about being different or there's something wrong with you. I went through a period where I felt that way and also struggled to understand how and why this could ever happen to me. I'm 24 years old and should be able to live my life just like everyone else! Anyways, I've come to terms with it and have learned how to not let it affect me from living my life. I am sorry that you are dealing with this in your own way. I'm sure it was a shock to both of you and frustrating that there wasn't anything you could do to reverse the loss. It was had for me to accept at first as well. It seemed so wrong and maybe a little less of a women. However my husband and I have come to enjoy it and I feel more clean. If you do notice any other loss (arms/legs/head/face) keep track of it so that you can better help any doctors you see in the future.